• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage dui in Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ray77

What is the name of your state? Alabama

pretty simple story. i got pulled over cause i drive a nice car and was leaving a crappy part of town. I was pulled over for "failure to use turn signal". I was very truthful with the officer and told him how much i had. I was charged and arrested. At the station i blew a .07. The officer said since it was under .08 that it was a lesser charge. so here our my questions...

1. what is this lesser charge he was talking about?

2. I have not used my youthful offfender and would like too now. how to I go about doing this?

3. i was told not to plead guilty tommorow at the arrigment(sp). i have a meeting with my lawyer after that. can I still use my YO after I have pleaded not guilty?

4. I am currently sick and I had taken some coough medicine eailer that night. Im guessing thats jsut too bad but who knows.

5. i live 20mins away from campus so will i be able to drive to school if i schdule a meeting with the dmv?

6. im really jsut confused on how this whole systems works. I know i screwed up and I'm not looking to get out of the blame. I would just like to be ready in court.

thank you for your time

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
i got pulled over cause i drive a nice car and was leaving a crappy part of town.
No:

I was pulled over for "failure to use turn signal".
I know i screwed up and I'm not looking to get out of the blame.
Bull...

If you can't even begin to accept any responsibility at all for your actions, I hope you receive the absolute maximum penalties for your crime.

ray77

i think its pretty common for cops to find tiny reasons to pull teens over at 2am but your right, it really doesnt matter. sorry if i sounded like a jackass.

ray77

just somting that jumped into my head...could the lesser charge be a dwi instead of a dui? I thought dwi wasnt as bad as a dui but im unsure

sjmjuly

just somting that jumped into my head...could the lesser charge be a dwi instead of a dui? I thought dwi wasnt as bad as a dui but im unsure
Depends on your state. In some states, DWI is the lesser charge, and DUI is the more serious charge. What you need to find out about is the issue of you being under age. Is there a strict BAC law in your state? Some places have strict laws for people under age - I believe it's .02 and above. You will need to ask your attorney about that.
None the less, either charge isn't good.

ray77

jsut got back from the lawyer. im gonna plead y/o. its gonna be 270 courts cost, drinking classes, and a 30 day suspenions of dl. he is gonna try to talk to the court to get the date pushed back till im out of school since i have to drive to campus everyday. hopefully that will work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">