• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage DUI? & Restricted Lic.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oscarj4l

What is the name of your state? California

About 3 weeks ago, I got pulled over by a CHP officer. I had been drinking that night, and I am 18 years old. My friends had Alcohol in the car and i got charged with Driver Possession Of Alcohol (V.C.23224) and I did a breathalyser test and it resulted in a Under 21 BAC .04% and was circled as an infraction (V.C.23136). The officer gave me Suspension Order/Temp. License form, and I was just wondering, because on the back of that paper, it says "DMV will not issue critical need restricted license to a person under the age of 21, if the person violated VC 23136", does that mean that I am not eligible to get a restricted license?

I was just asking because I haven't gone to court yet, and I'm really worried that I might need to drop out of school, and I really don't even know how I'm going to get to work since they're both across town.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I did not get arrested, The officer asked me to call my mother to pick up me and the car up.

-Oscar :(

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I think you have to go to court first. There certainly seems to be procedures for hardship licenses for under-21 violators provided that you did not REFUSE the test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">