• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage possession in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

only1n

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am 20 years old. Friends and I were WALKING back home and a cop stopped us and asked if I had been drinking. I replied honestly and said yes 2 beers. My other friends who are also underage lied and said no. So in the end only I got a summons for underage possession of alcohol. We did not have any on us at the time that the cop stopped us. Also he didnt even do a breathing analysis.... I guess he didnt have to since I admitted to drinking 2 beers.

So I was wondering what my options were? Should I hire a lawyer? Just plead guilty and apologize and ask for leniency? Pretend I dont remember saying I drank two beers :)

Also, will this be considered a misdemeanor and be on my record....since I will be graduating in 2 years I would hate that this be on when I apply for jobs.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

FlyingRon

Answered in the other thread. You admitted your guilt. Investigate the probation / diversion option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">