• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsupervised Probation for 1st DUI with Restricted License - Moving from VA to CA...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

somui

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was convicted of 1st DUI on 6/18 in VA - got 1 year restricted license, unsupervised probably for 1 year, and a couple of program/panels to attend which I have already completed. I now have a job opportunity in California, can I move? Will I get a restricted license in CA too with the same restrictions? Who do I need to get permission from? I appreciate ANY feedback and/or advice. I am not sure if I should go to my ASAP case manager or my probation officer for approval. Do I need to engage my lawyer again? Thanks so much!

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was convicted of 1st DUI on 6/18 in VA - got 1 year restricted license, unsupervised probably for 1 year, and a couple of program/panels to attend which I have already completed. I now have a job opportunity in California, can I move? Will I get a restricted license in CA too with the same restrictions? Who do I need to get permission from? I appreciate ANY feedback and/or advice. I am not sure if I should go to my ASAP case manager or my probation officer for approval. Do I need to engage my lawyer again? Thanks so much!
Sometimes it's better to just keep things to yourself. Sometimes. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">