• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation on Ignition Interlock Device.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lvo55

I am on probation for my 2nd DWI (both got reduced to Obstructions of Highway). I have had an ignition interlock for almost 6 months. The other day I got a violation at around 4 pm, and I think it's because I had alcohol in my saliva because I hadn't washed out my mouth yet. I stopped drinking at 2 am the night before. Anyhow, after I failed I ran around to see if I could sweat out any possible alcohol in me. Walked to a convenience store, and bought a toothbrush and toothpaste and brushed my teeth. Went back to my car at about 5:30 PM and passed, started the car and went home. I have told the PO that I had a violation and she just said she'll wait until she sees the result but I'm pretty sure smart start will just send the result to my judge anyways. Assuming she puts out a warrant for me, is this an entirely new case? I already have a lawyer but how much trouble am I in or will she just continue me on probation and make it worst? I'm sort of freaking out right now and I know it's my fault so I don't need anyone to tell me that, just some good advice on what to expect and maybe what I should do to help my cause in front of a judge or PO.

lvo55

Additional Information

I forgot to say I am in Texas and the case is in Austin, Tx.. or Travis County.

Would not be a new case. If this is your first positive then you may not hear further about it.

Why worry until something happens.

lvo55

the problem...

the problem is I've been told that the judge that put me on probation has a "zero tolerance" policy and will most likely put a revocation of probation and warrant out for me.

LillianX

If she violates you, you can expect to be arrested and serve whatever sentence she suspended in favor of probation.

But don't worry about it ... yikes!

HEY! Who is putting ads in my postings STOP! I do not support the link below folks..have no idea what it is.

cyjeff

Perhaps the most important question is "were you supposed to stay away from all alcohol while on probation?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">