+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CdwJava

Thread: Violation of Probation (missed dui classes----missed court date)

klitlikki is offline Junior Member

Violation of Probation (missed dui classes----missed court date)

What is the name of your state?i live in california..

my situation is that i recieved a notice of a bench warrant for my arrest due to a missed court date..
    i had to go back to court because i missed a dui class in starting the dui 6 month program.

i have not yet taken care of this because i want to save up more money for the bail (which is set @ roughly 600$)

what i am wondering is... i heard that a violation of dui probation means u have to spend a mandatory 30 days? in jail?

is that only for if you get another dui ? or would it could it relate to just having messed up missing the dui program classes?

i was expecting to only have to spend a day to a few days in jail then get errained then have my probation reinstated...

am i wrong in thinking that is all that i am going to have to go through?
    and will i have to spend 30 days in jail as well?

:/

any help is appreciated.. thanks
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    When you go to court, bring your toothbrush. You could well be staying a long time. You DO realize that by failing your probation stipulations you COULD go to jail for the entire time you face for your conviction, correct? So, you might find yourself in custody for up to a year.

Not a good idea to miss those classes.

And of course your not driving on that suspended/revoked license, right?

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by klitlikki
    What is the name of your state?i live in california..

my situation is that i recieved a notice of a bench warrant for my arrest due to a missed court date..
    i had to go back to court because i missed a dui class in starting the dui 6 month program.

i have not yet taken care of this because i want to save up more money for the bail (which is set @ roughly 600$)

what i am wondering is... i heard that a violation of dui probation means u have to spend a mandatory 30 days? in jail?

is that only for if you get another dui ? or would it could it relate to just having messed up missing the dui program classes?

i was expecting to only have to spend a day to a few days in jail then get errained then have my probation reinstated...

am i wrong in thinking that is all that i am going to have to go through?
    and will i have to spend 30 days in jail as well?

:/

any help is appreciated.. thanks

You were given a chance (probation) but you chose not to take it (violation) and so the only thing left to do is throw you in the clink.
    klitlikki is offline Junior Member
    ummm...

u sound like someone who is here to attack people and not even give advice??

well thanks alot..

it is not like a it is a major violation..

and btw i only missed one ****ing class *******..

the only reason they would not let me rescheduel was because it was between the 3 week program and the 6 month program... which has a 3 week waiting period inbetween each..

so i missed one class... but they said i had missed a whole month so i had to go back to court.

god you are a dick wtf is your problem why are you even here on this board?
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    Well, yeah - it is. Perhaps you are a poor candidate for probation and should, instead, just do your time.

- Carl
    Posthinker likes this.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    seniorjudge Guest
    ummm...

u sound like someone who is here to attack people and not even give advice??

well thanks alot..

the only reason they would not let me rescheduel was because it was between the 3 week program and the 6 month program... which has a 3 week waiting period inbetween each..

so i missed one class... but they said i had missed a whole month so i had to go back to court.

god you are a dick wtf is your problem why are you even here on this board?

I really don't think Carl is all that bad a guy!

That is a violation of your probation.
    sonik801 is offline Junior Member

hmm

well **** happens and its up to the judge and I dont think there will be a bail unless your probation is revoked and you have to get resentenced, then you may be able to bail out. If you have done alot since, your judge may be forgiving however its all up to him, have you tried talking to your PO or is it an informal court probation? If so maybe go meet with the prosecutor?
    cbg
    cbg is offline Senior Member
    Since all this happened back in 2005, I suspect it's all a done deal by now.
    Two things I am tired of typing: 1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.