• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of Probation (missed dui classes----missed court date)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klitlikki

What is the name of your state?i live in california..

my situation is that i recieved a notice of a bench warrant for my arrest due to a missed court date..
i had to go back to court because i missed a dui class in starting the dui 6 month program.

i have not yet taken care of this because i want to save up more money for the bail (which is set @ roughly 600$)

what i am wondering is... i heard that a violation of dui probation means u have to spend a mandatory 30 days? in jail?

is that only for if you get another dui ? or would it could it relate to just having messed up missing the dui program classes?

i was expecting to only have to spend a day to a few days in jail then get errained then have my probation reinstated...

am i wrong in thinking that is all that i am going to have to go through?
and will i have to spend 30 days in jail as well?

:/

any help is appreciated.. thanks

CdwJava

When you go to court, bring your toothbrush. You could well be staying a long time. You DO realize that by failing your probation stipulations you COULD go to jail for the entire time you face for your conviction, correct? So, you might find yourself in custody for up to a year.

Not a good idea to miss those classes.

And of course your not driving on that suspended/revoked license, right?

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

klitlikki said:
What is the name of your state?i live in california..

my situation is that i recieved a notice of a bench warrant for my arrest due to a missed court date..
i had to go back to court because i missed a dui class in starting the dui 6 month program.

i have not yet taken care of this because i want to save up more money for the bail (which is set @ roughly 600$)

what i am wondering is... i heard that a violation of dui probation means u have to spend a mandatory 30 days? in jail?

is that only for if you get another dui ? or would it could it relate to just having messed up missing the dui program classes?

i was expecting to only have to spend a day to a few days in jail then get errained then have my probation reinstated...

am i wrong in thinking that is all that i am going to have to go through?
and will i have to spend 30 days in jail as well?

:/

any help is appreciated.. thanks

You were given a chance (probation) but you chose not to take it (violation) and so the only thing left to do is throw you in the clink.

klitlikki

ummm...

u sound like someone who is here to attack people and not even give advice??

well thanks alot..

it is not like a it is a major violation..

and btw i only missed one ****ing class *******..

the only reason they would not let me rescheduel was because it was between the 3 week program and the 6 month program... which has a 3 week waiting period inbetween each..

so i missed one class... but they said i had missed a whole month so i had to go back to court.

god you are a dick wtf is your problem why are you even here on this board?

CdwJava

klitlikki said:
Well, yeah - it is. Perhaps you are a poor candidate for probation and should, instead, just do your time.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

klitlikki said:
ummm...

u sound like someone who is here to attack people and not even give advice??

well thanks alot..

the only reason they would not let me rescheduel was because it was between the 3 week program and the 6 month program... which has a 3 week waiting period inbetween each..

so i missed one class... but they said i had missed a whole month so i had to go back to court.

god you are a dick wtf is your problem why are you even here on this board?

I really don't think Carl is all that bad a guy!

That is a violation of your probation.

sonik801

hmm

well **** happens and its up to the judge and I dont think there will be a bail unless your probation is revoked and you have to get resentenced, then you may be able to bail out. If you have done alot since, your judge may be forgiving however its all up to him, have you tried talking to your PO or is it an informal court probation? If so maybe go meet with the prosecutor?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since all this happened back in 2005, I suspect it's all a done deal by now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">