• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to trade my probation for prison time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beanstock

I want to revoke my own probation and take the jail time instead (Prescott,Arizona) - I can not find a job and do not have a place to live in Arizona anymore - I can not afford to pay the restitution fines - so I would rather just do the jail time to end the probation. I have not violated my probation. I just want to end the probation so it will be over and I can come back to California to live with my family. I am in California now but have to report back to probation in one week. Can I just tell my probation officer this is what I want to do? Will he file a petition with the court to revoke my probation? Conviction is class 6 felony DUI that happened two years ago. I already served 120 days jail time on it when it happened. Has anyone done this? Will I still have to serve a year and half sentence? Any help would be so appreciated!

Beanstock

Yes...

I was allowed to leave the state of AZ to wait for interstate compact but the compact was denied! I did not think it would be denied! I have good job here in California, AA sponsor, meetings, church group, been paying child support. I just have not paid much of the restitution and that is the issue. But going back to Arizona i have no place to live, no job. Doing the time to squash the probation is the only option I have it seems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">