• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my chances?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thecapn22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

So a friend got into a fight a party, and I broke it up. Friend went storming off outside, I followed him down the street. He told me to leave him alone, so fine, I walked away. I thought I was going to the right house, but turns out it was the wrong one. Whatever, I'll just sleep in my car. So the people called the police. In my inebriated state I was 100% certain that was the house, and I guess I didn't explain well enough that the house I WANTED to be in was on the same street. The cops even gave me the opportunity to call somebody to come pick me up, but I couldn't reach anyone.

Eventually they arrested me for DWI and took me in. I was at a party and was not driving, I just went to the wrong house. I plan on talking to an attorney on Monday. But what do you guys think?

thecapn22

My car was parked between the wrong house and the house where the party was. The houses were maybe a block apart, if that.

justalayman

My car was parked between the wrong house and the house where the party was. The houses were maybe a block apart, if that.
so why would the people at this wrong house call the police when you said you were in your car which was a half a block away?

thecapn22

I was in the car, trying to sleep. I don't know why they called the police, probably thought I was some sort of danger. I have a 100% clean record, never even had a parking ticket, or anything.

Isis1

I was in the car, trying to sleep. I don't know why they called the police, probably thought I was some sort of danger. I have a 100% clean record, never even had a parking ticket, or anything.
Having had my own stupid moment, I found a few interesting things. If you are in your car, you are considered in control of the vehicle. Which you shouldn't be while in your intoxicated state.

Please utilize your attorney.

thecapn22

Having had my own stupid moment, I found a few interesting things. If you are in your car, you are considered in control of the vehicle. Which you shouldn't be while in your intoxicated state.

Please utilize your attorney.
Do you think I have any chance of pleading down? I wasn't driving, have a clean record, etc. The officers even gave me a chance to call someone to pick me up. Ugh, I wish someone answered their phone. :(

dave33

There are a lot of dwi convictions for people who are parked. Going to trial
would be a big chance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">