• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What will I be charged with?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

russet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

A couple weekends ago I was driving home (around 1am), and was distracted by playing with my GPS. I looked up and I was at a dead end and made quick turn and popped a curb and slid down a hill destroying my tires and underside of my car.

I didn't know I had to call the police for a single car accident causing no property damage other than my own car and no injuries.

I got a ride home. The next day I go my car and notice it was towed overnight. I called the police and they told me where it was towed, I asked if I needed to come down to make a statement, was told no.

I go down to the police to get the impound slip, and again ask if I should make a statement and they said single car accident with no property damage it wasn't needed.

It didn't seem right to me, so I eventually call and speak to the officer who filed the accident report. I ask if he wants me to come down (for fleeing an accident) he said no, and asked why I left (it was late and cold and didn't know I needed to for this type of accident).

The reason this is asked here is because I have a previous DUI and now am afraid that this will be looked as one as well, even though I was not drunk. The police officer had my address and Insurance info and could have come to my house if wanted to speak to me. The accident report says most severe infraction is careless driving.

moburkes

The crystal ball is out, and you need to stop drinking, or stop driving after you've had any drinks.

russet

I have a breathalyzer for if I do drink and then drive. But my big concern is if no BAC is taken can I be charged with DUI?

BigMistakeFl

There isn't much evidence of DUI, but forensics have advanced light years recently. I'm not sure you've fully dodged a bullet, but I'd tread lightly, and weigh carefully any "offer" that is presented to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">