• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what will a nolo plea do for me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gadui

What is the name of your state? GA

In June, I went to court prepared to enter a guilty plea on a DUI charge. (BAC .087, no accident) My attorney had been unsuccessful in his negotiations with the prosecutor. He said that she offered to drop the speeding charge (which was the reason I was pulled over), but as for the dui charge - I should plead guilty or prepare for trial. In court when I was there to enter my guilty plea, the judge asked me a few questions and upon learning that I am a teacher, the judge recommended that my attorney prepare a nolo plea for me and told my attorney how to do it. What will a nolo plea do for me?

gadui said:
What is the name of your state? GA

In June, I went to court prepared to enter a guilty plea on a DUI charge. (BAC .087, no accident) My attorney had been unsuccessful in his negotiations with the prosecutor. He said that she offered to drop the speeding charge (which was the reason I was pulled over), but as for the dui charge - I should plead guilty or prepare for trial. In court when I was there to enter my guilty plea, the judge asked me a few questions and upon learning that I am a teacher, the judge recommended that my attorney prepare a nolo plea for me and told my attorney how to do it. What will a nolo plea do for me?
see my response to your other post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">