• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What would happon if you refuse a test but you wernt driving?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thebrain

If you are arrested for drunk in public and you refuse a chemical test, can the police still take your license/what if you don't have a liscense?

I read that with the shooting in florida of that 17 year old kid by the neighborhood watch the police failed to test the shooter, if the shooter took the 5th/refused to do the test could the police have done anything?

CdwJava

If you are arrested for drunk in public and you refuse a chemical test, can the police still take your license/what if you don't have a liscense?
That depends o the law of a particular state and whether a minor being under the influence of alcohol can lead to a license suspension. In my state underage alcohol possession CAN lead to a license suspension ... consumption when not driving a car, generally not.

I read that with the shooting in florida of that 17 year old kid by the neighborhood watch the police failed to test the shooter, if the shooter took the 5th/refused to do the test could the police have done anything?
If it was pertinent, they could have compelled a chemical test. However, that was a much more serious matter than underage drinking so evaluating the shooter for a little alcohol on board was not exactly at the top of their list.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">