• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WI OWI 1st offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toolin

I was in a single vehicle accident and was injured in Ozaukee county Wisconsin. I was traveling alone. No one else was involved. I consented to a blood test for alcohol. It came back to me and I think it was 0.0105%.

1) I was ticketed for OWI and was told I may receive a second ticket for being over the state 0.08% limit. Does this mean I will have two charges against me, two court dates and two fines.

2) Will my license be suspended or revoked prior to the court date/s if not is there any period of time after conviction before the license is taken?

3) If I have an assessment prior to my court date can it help reduce the time I loose my license or be in my interest for any other reason?

4) What advise can someone please give me to minimize the disruption to my life and family. My main concern is not being informed or prepared prior to loosing my license resulting in me missing work. That would be a disaster.

toolin

License suspension and occupational license

Thank you for the info Curt581.

I received the second ticket in the mail today along with a suspension notice. It says I have 30 days left to drive. My court date on the new ticket is only 13 days from now, same date the first ticket has.

I checked online with the Wisconsin DMV and they have no record of my suspension. It says on there website if they don’t have record of my suspension I will need to provide a conviction status report or a photocopy of the front and back of a court-completed citation in order to apply for an occupational license.

1) Will the suspension notice I received in the mail today be sufficient proof of suspension? It is titled “Notice of intent to suspend operating privilege temporary permit”? If not how do I acquire a conviction status report or a court-completed citation? Is there something I can get prior to the court date?

2) I work 8 to 11 hours per day with my start and end times both varying depending on workload. I have a six-year-old daughter and drive 30 to 40 minutes to work. When applying for an occupational what is a reasonable amount of driving hours? Are 32 hours to many to ask for?

3) Can the temporary 30-day permit run out prematurely because of the early court date?

Regards,
toolin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">