• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will they find out about my suspended license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shakenbake

I had my license in Nebraska suspended for DUI. I am not allowed to drive for 1 year and must use an interlock device for one more year after that. Before it was suspended I was able to get a legal California drivers license. If I were to get pulled over in California, will they find out about my suspended Nebraska drivers license?

What will happen if they do?

Isis1

I had my license in Nebraska suspended for DUI. I am not allowed to drive for 1 year and must use an interlock device for one more year after that. Before it was suspended I was able to get a legal California drivers license. If I were to get pulled over in California, will they find out about my suspended Nebraska drivers license?

What will happen if they do?
yes, they will. it may not be overnight, but your CA will eventually get suspended as well. you may or may not get notification in the mail.

shakenbake

Since my driving privileges are suspended in Nebraska for 1 year and I need an interlock after that for 1 year, do I need to do the same thing in California? What is the penalty for driving in California?

I should also add, this suspension is from an administrative hearing. I have no DUI conviction or record at all. I don't see where an interlock is required in California for a hearing suspension.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">