• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will TN be able revoke a MI restricted license because of DUI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dissapointment8

Backstory- I have a very stupid brother-in-law who moved from Michigan to Tennessee almost a year ago. He has two previous DUI's in MI and we thought he had stopped drinking but he was pulled over last week for a DUI in TN.
I know that MI and TN don't share DUI convictions. But he is currently still driving on a MI restricted license because he never got it fixed in MI and couldn't get a valid TN license until it was cleared.
He is under the impression that he will only recieve probation and that he will get to keep his license since it is a MI license and not a TN license. Please someone tell me that isn't true. Does TN have the authority to at least take away a MI restricted license? Also is there any way that TN will see the prior two DUI's since he is still driving around on a MI license?
Although I love him I am a firm believer that since he has screwed up he needs to face the consequences... and I am afraid he may not face any such consequences.

cyjeff

I am assuming your BIL knew he was supposed to get a Tennessee license within 30 days of moving to the state, right?

Tennessee will look at his entire driving record. You don't get a "do - over" when you cross state lines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">