• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wisconsin DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bdpitbull

i got a dui in Wisconsin. Im relocating to Florida today. what are my choices about licenses. will they share info? should i change my plates to Florida and get a Florida dl?

thanx

BigMistakeFl

If your license is suspended there, FL will follow suit. You won't be able to get a license here in FL until you handle things in Wisconsin. As for plates, like most states, FL requires new residents to change over plates, but you'll still have to handle the situation up there first.

BigMistakeFl

Yes and no

Wisconsin is not a participating member of the Interstate Compact Agreement. However, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin will report tickets to other states even though they are not members of the compact. Computers are getting faster all the time too.

FlyingRon

And DUI's and any license/driving priv revocations will be reported to the NDR. Everybody participates in that.

bdpitbull

well bottom line im seeking work in florida. need to satisfy wisconsin i guess. but that will probably have to be done in florida. unless they would rather keep paying the unemployment.

BigMistakeFl

You will actually have to answer the issue in Wisconsin either before you relocate, or you will need to make return trip(s). Once you are sentenced, unless you fight it and prevail, you might be able to work out some of the penalties in another state, but that's up to the discretion of the courts and your probation officer, if that is part of your sentence.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">