• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wisconsin Underage Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calvin443

Over the past weekend i was drinkin at a buddys place and the cops came. i ran and got away but my vehicle was there and they ran the plates and called my house tonight and they asked if i had been drinking and i said i had a couple. they said somethin about i may get a citation but they cant give me an underage ticket can they unless they recorded the conversation that i had with the officer on the phone but they never said anything about me being recorded and its the law for them to notify me if i was being recorded. i also had beer in the back of my car but it was my buddys. so what i am asking is are they allowed to give me an underage if they didnt see me at the party?

FlyingRon

Please write in sentences.
You may get a citation in the mail.
Wisconsin is a one party state. It's not necessary to tell you you are being recorded.
There's a bar on recorded evidence (unless you are told you are being recorded) but that
only applies to CIVIL matters.
What makes you think that a recording is necessary to convict you anyhow?
They don't have to see you at the party. The presence of your car, your confession to the crime, and perhaps the testimony of others plus the fact they may have seen you running is way more than enough to convict.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">