• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are you MADD? Read what happens in DWI classes...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? MN

I just had to make a post to all those out there who are MADD. Just because I know that many of you post on here to vent your frustrations and try to make others upset in an attempt to appease your own emotions. Well, let me tell you a few things....

I recently received a .08 DWI, which was reduced to careless driving, even though I didn't even hire a lawyer. The judge did require me to take a chemical evaluation. The lady who gave me the chemical evaluation skimmed through my questions as quick as she could. She really wanted to get out of the office that day! I could tell, because during the evaluation, she took several personal phone calls, making plans for the evening. She didn't even hear the majority of my answers. I could have been a complete drunk and she wouldn't even know it! And, I googled her name to find out (through state records) that she makes 90grand a year. So, thanks, MADD! I'm sure she appreciates all your efforts that support her huge salary and lazy job!

Then come the DWI classes. Oh, you'd all be so MADD if you knew what happened in DWI classes. They were basically a support group for offenders to vent their frustrations about the system and how unfair it is. The place I had to take them sometimes didn't even have an instructor on hand for the night, so we got to go home early. Some of the instructors just had us sit there and take turns reading a paragraph out of the book like 2nd graders. Ya know, I'm sure people really learn a lot when they read out loud in a group. HA! Yeah right!

Oh, I could just see the potential re-offenders drooling at the thought of booze. Apparently they could have used treatment, but the chemical evaluator must have had plans for that night, too, and couldn't give them a true evaluation either.

Now, I did learn from my classes, but that's because I've always been a good student. Maybe I'm judging wrong here, but I don't think that many others in the class were good students.

So yeah, I don't think MADD's efforts are really working here. Your organization is losing credibility. Another thing is when you insist a .08 is drunk. In my classes, we never referred to a .08 driver as drunk, only impaired.

Also, in my classes, they gave us statistics about how many people were killed last year by a .08/.09 driver. I think it was somewhere near 3,000. What they don't tell you is how that number compares to people killed by sober drivers. Of course we all know driving is one of the most dangerous things we do, even sober.

I went to a MADD meeting. One guy told a story of how his little sister was killed by a drunk driver who smashed into their car. Very sad, and yes of course I blame the drunk driver. However, his little sister was in the front seat without a seatbelt. Her death could have been prevented by the adult in the car with her, if only her guardian had her buckle-up.

seniorjudge

Lisa101010 said:

I just had to make a post to all those out there who are MADD. Just because I know that many of you post on here to vent your frustrations and try to make others upset in an attempt to appease your own emotions. Well, let me tell you a few things....

I recently received a .08 DWI, which was reduced to careless driving, even though I didn't even hire a lawyer. The judge did require me to take a chemical evaluation. The lady who gave me the chemical evaluation skimmed through my questions as quick as she could. She really wanted to get out of the office that day! I could tell, because during the evaluation, she took several personal phone calls, making plans for the evening. She didn't even hear the majority of my answers. I could have been a complete drunk and she wouldn't even know it! And, I googled her name to find out (through state records) that she makes 90grand a year. So, thanks, MADD! I'm sure she appreciates all your efforts that support her huge salary and lazy job!

Then come the DWI classes. Oh, you'd all be so MADD if you knew what happened in DWI classes. They were basically a support group for offenders to vent their frustrations about the system and how unfair it is. The place I had to take them sometimes didn't even have an instructor on hand for the night, so we got to go home early. Some of the instructors just had us sit there and take turns reading a paragraph out of the book like 2nd graders. Ya know, I'm sure people really learn a lot when they read out loud in a group. HA! Yeah right!

Oh, I could just see the potential re-offenders drooling at the thought of booze. Apparently they could have used treatment, but the chemical evaluator must have had plans for that night, too, and couldn't give them a true evaluation either.

Now, I did learn from my classes, but that's because I've always been a good student. Maybe I'm judging wrong here, but I don't think that many others in the class were good students.

So yeah, I don't think MADD's efforts are really working here. Your organization is losing credibility. Another thing is when you insist a .08 is drunk. In my classes, we never referred to a .08 driver as drunk, only impaired.

Also, in my classes, they gave us statistics about how many people were killed last year by a .08/.09 driver. I think it was somewhere near 3,000. What they don't tell you is how that number compares to people killed by sober drivers. Of course we all know driving is one of the most dangerous things we do, even sober.

I went to a MADD meeting. One guy told a story of how his little sister was killed by a drunk driver who smashed into their car. Very sad, and yes of course I blame the drunk driver. However, his little sister was in the front seat without a seatbelt. Her death could have been prevented by the adult in the car with her, if only her guardian had her buckle-up.

I agree. In fact, .08 is drunk, drunk, drunk!

fairisfair

"I went to a MADD meeting. One guy told a story of how his little sister was killed by a drunk driver who smashed into their car. Very sad, and yes of course I blame the drunk driver. However, his little sister was in the front seat without a seatbelt. Her death could have been prevented by the adult in the car with her, if only her guardian had her buckle-up."

Or if the idiot drunk had stayed at home to slobber on himself.

Your post is ludicrous and ridiculous. You were drunk and you were punished, sorry we don't have fantastic teachers available for classes for morons, most of the better educators tend to wish to spend their time with those who have brain cells still capable of absorbing something other than alcohol.

You acted like a 2nd grader when you got into your car impaired (as you like to call it ) so if the classes bored you, oh well, I just thank god that they kept your stupid a$$ off the road for a couple of hours.

Last edited:
fairisfair said:
Your post is ludicrous and ridiculous. You were drunk and you were punished, sorry we don't have fantastic teachers available for classes for morons, most of the better educators tend to wish to spend their time with those who have brain cells still capable of absorbing something other than alcohol.

You acted like a 2nd grader when you got into your car impaired (as you like to call it ) so if the classes bored you, oh well, I just thank god that they kept your stupid a$$ off the road for a couple of hours.
And here I'm trying to give you guys a bit of help! Wouldn't you like to know the name of the place who gave me the DWI classes to improve their services? Wouldn't you like to know the name of the evaluator who takes personal phone calls during her meetings? Those classes are all you have to change the behavior of people like me. The knowledge gained is intended to last a lifetime, not two hours. It is your stubborn attitude that will prevent change. Don't you think teaching people to not kill others by driving after drinking is an important job? You really need some counseling if you don't!

fairisfair

Lisa101010 said:
And here I'm trying to give you guys a bit of help! Wouldn't you like to know the name of the place who gave me the DWI classes to improve their services? Wouldn't you like to know the name of the evaluator who takes personal phone calls during her meetings? Those classes are all you have to change the behavior of people like me. The knowledge gained is intended to last a lifetime, not two hours. It is your stubborn attitude that will prevent change. Don't you think teaching people to not kill others by driving after drinking is an important job? You really need some counseling if you don't!
no what I would really like is the color, make, model and license number of your car, so I can get off the road if I see you coming.

fairisfair said:
no what I would really like is the color, make, model and license number of your car, so I can get off the road if I see you coming.
Ha! Again, most stubborn attitude. I mean, if I told you that information, would that be helping anyone? Are people really going to sit and watch the millions of cars on the road to look out for mine? Is that going to even work? No, of course not, you're being sarcastic. I'm using my experiences to educate you on what happens to a DWI offender. You're not using your experiences to help anyone. I suggest you do. You'll feel more vindicated, and maybe you won't need counseling anymore. :D

fairisfair

Lisa101010 said:
Ha! Again, most stubborn attitude. I mean, if I told you that information, would that be helping anyone? Are people really going to sit and watch the millions of cars on the road to look out for mine? Is that going to even work? No, of course not, you're being sarcastic. I'm using my experiences to educate you on what happens to a DWI offender. You're not using your experiences to help anyone. I suggest you do. You'll feel more vindicated, and maybe you won't need counseling anymore. :D
Perhaps you need someone to point out that YOU are the one who has been court ordered to go to counseling. Thanks, but if I needed and education on how a DWI offender is treated, I could find out, simply by visiting my local bar. I could really care less, how bored you were, or how bad your teachers were, yes, really the only thing about you that I care about, is where on the road you will be seconds from now.

fairisfair

Shay-Pari'e said:
Perhaps I should point out that I know no one on this forum that is a MADD member, so why post your crap here?
apparently she equates being against drunk driving with belonging to MADD

CdwJava

Lisa101010 said:
However, his little sister was in the front seat without a seatbelt. Her death could have been prevented by the adult in the car with her, if only her guardian had her buckle-up.
And HOW do you know her death could have been prevented had she been wearing a seatbelt? Depending on the details of the collision, she could have been just as dead.

As for the classes, of course most those in attendance got nothing out of the class - they are there because the court ordered them to be there, or, they decided to attend to try and mitigate their own responsibility and make themselves look better at court.

Mandatory classes sometimes work, but anyone in the substance abuse business will tell you that counseling doesn't work until the listener acknowledges a problem.

- Carl

Echo1

Lisa....first and foremost?? Yaaaawn. If I want advice from a delusional drunk whose in denial, you'll be the very FIRST person I contact.

If you have a beef with "the system" in your county, take it up with your county.

I AM a MADD member. Have been for 18 years....since a drunk JUST like yourself killed my 20 year old brother and his 19 year old fiancee. The guy was a 3 time convicted offender, had been arrested on Tuesday night for OWI and killed them Thursday night....they were to have been married that Saturday. Ya ya....I'm sure in YOUR mind if they had stayed home that night they'd still be alive. But, they had the NERVE to get on the same road as the drunk (yep...you got it Lisa, SARCASM...ooooo)

You're a drunk driver, none too bright, and a murderer waiting to happen. Because, as long as you refuse to asknowledge what you are? You'll continue doing what you do and making excuses for yourself. Your parents must be so proud

mb94

Well you've convinced me. They shouldn't have these classes for DUI. It should be mandatory jail time. Is that what you want? If the classes are dull enough and the process annoying enough that you will take a taxi next time to avoid having to do it again then they have done their job.

The way you blame everyone else for your problems and flat out refuse to see the danger in what you did make me think that you are an alcoholic. That type of refusal to see any fault in oneself is a classic sign of alcoholism.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I will offer that in my DUI classes, the instructor seemed to aim some of the discussion to how to remain below the 0.08 "impairment" threshhold and still be able to go out and drink. I found that weird, but then thought perhaps he was just trying to reach to our level. (?) He described that he orders a pitcher of beer, but only drinks three of them and leaves the rest. He said this is always the way he does it and that is something he does a couple times a week.

The instructor wasn't the only part we were supposed to learn from though. There were the gross films of course, but other perpetrators as well. Like the guy who was so drunk he drove several miles on the wrong side of the interstate, or the woman who doesn't remember any of the drive, only waking up in the ER. These were sobering accounts, and roughly half the people in that class will be repeat offenders.

C

CheeseBlotto

MADD is a bunch of prohibitionists who lack the guts to tell the truth about it.

Last edited:

AHA

Lisa101010 said:

Bla, bla, bla**************......was there an intelligent reason behind this diarrhea?? No, I didn't think so, what a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">