• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

27 yr old teachers aid and our 16 yr old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2muchpressure

We live in Texas and our son was seen making out with a school teachers aid at a private party, drinking. Now he does not want to go to school due to harassment from students and teachers. What recourse can we take against the school?

cyjeff

Well, the teacher's aid will go to prison. The school may or may not be liable depending on the activity and circumstance.

I would call the police. NOW.

2muchpressure

The principal backed up when we mentioned we are looking at "other options". I went to the school yesterday to talk to the high school principal and all she could say is "I dont have time today, you will have to come back tomorrow" really snotty and also stated " he is NOT going to pass".
It is funny because when he was starting varsity quarterback last year, he had no problems with grades. Now since football is over, he is struggling.
We are just sick of the ongoing ignorance and lack of care with our schools system, it is lacking understanding and concern for its pupils. Very Corrupt!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The principal backed up when we mentioned we are looking at "other options". I went to the school yesterday to talk to the high school principal and all she could say is "I dont have time today, you will have to come back tomorrow" really snotty and also stated " he is NOT going to pass".
It is funny because when he was starting varsity quarterback last year, he had no problems with grades. Now since football is over, he is struggling.
We are just sick of the ongoing ignorance and lack of care with our schools system, it is lacking understanding and concern for its pupils. Very Corrupt!
Call the police AND get an attorney. Go to the superintendent and report the principal for her behavior and inadequate response. Or have your attorney do it.

cyjeff

Again, call the police, get an attorney... now.

However, this has NOTHING to do with your son's grades... unless he is being retaliated against due to your report.

Which could not have happened yet.

you live in Texas... are you saying that you didn't know that football players occasionally got preferential treatment?

2muchpressure

We have not found an attorney at this time, do not know where to look? This school has ALOT of issues and have been told they are involved in several lawsuits as it is now.
The superintendant has been accused of using the school credit card to buy groceries for personal use, and on, and on, and on..... We have a list that would amaze you, just what our family has been thru!
Our daughter dropped a 10-pound weight on her toe a couple weeks ago and was NOT given treatment or sincerity much less taken to a doctor. Since then, her toenail has came off and the coach was making her run bleachers and around the track until i had to go up there and tell him and her "She is not doing anything but sitting down during PE".
ALOT of going backwards with this school in the past 2 years....very sickening, I cannot maintain an active living due to the ignorance of the school and its staff. No Help!

2muchpressure

We have not found an attorney at this time, do not know where to look? This school has ALOT of issues and have been told they are involved in several lawsuits as it is now.
The superintendant has been accused of using the school credit card to buy groceries for personal use, and on, and on, and on..... We have a list that would amaze you, just what our family has been thru!
Our daughter dropped a 10-pound weight on her toe a couple weeks ago and was NOT given treatment or sincerity much less taken to a doctor. Since then, her toenail has came off and the coach was making her run bleachers and around the track until i had to go up there and tell him and her "She is not doing anything but sitting down during PE".
ALOT of going backwards with this school in the past 2 years....very sickening, I cannot maintain an active living due to the ignorance of the school and its staff. No Help!
It has nothing to do with his grades, but there is no extended help at this time.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
We have not found an attorney at this time, do not know where to look? This school has ALOT of issues and have been told they are involved in several lawsuits as it is now. The superintendant has been accused of using the school credit card to buy groceries for personal use, and on, and on, and on..... We have a list that would amaze you, just what our family has been thru! Our daughter dropped a 10-pound weight on her toe a couple weeks ago and was NOT given treatment or sincerity much less taken to a doctor. Since then, her toenail has came off and the coach was making her run bleachers and around the track until i had to go up there and tell him and her "She is not doing anything but sitting down during PE". ALOT of going backwards with this school in the past 2 years....very sickening, I cannot maintain an active living due to the ignorance of the school and its staff. No Help!

Okay, focus. Forget what's in the superintendant's kitchen. Your son has apparently been sexually abused by a school employee.

You haven't seen an attorney, but--HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE POLICE?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
We have not notified the authorities, do we need to contact legal counsel first?
That all depends on your priorities. A parent whose primary concern is that his child is a victim of sexual abuse contacts the police first. A parent whose primary concern is how much they can get out of a lawsuit contacts an attorney first.

ETA: And stop letting the school know in advance that they need to start circling the wagons by telling them you're considering "other options."

Last edited:

Perky

We live in Texas and our son was seen making out with a school teachers aid at a private party, drinking. Now he does not want to go to school due to harassment from students and teachers. What recourse can we take against the school?
Is the aide still employed in the school? Has the school reported the incident to the police since you didn't bother?

2muchpressure

The teachers aide was released from the school. Now, the authorities are involved. We have also been in litigation with an advocate for special education as he is in special ed at school.
It has been a dump on our whole family at school since the incident, our kids are just not happy and are not getting the schooling they are there for....major corruption.
We have also acquired other means to get the issues resolved. Change can be a good thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">