• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Autistic child harassed by teacher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BradleyIlmom

I feel that my Autistic child is being harassed by one of his teachers. Who should I contact and what rights does he have? Do I have a right to see everything in his student file? I was told there is teacher confidentiality:confused: issues with some records. Illinois(only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused::mad:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is happening that makes you believe your child is being harassed? How do you know about it? What proof do you have?

Humusluvr

I feel that my Autistic child is being harassed by one of his teachers. Who should I contact and what rights does he have? Do I have a right to see everything in his student file? I was told there is teacher confidentiality:confused: issues with some records. Illinois(only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused::mad:
You do have a right to see everything in his file, and no - there is no teacher confidentiality under FERPA.

Who have you contacted, and what have they told you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">