• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Banned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Grownfolk

What is the name of your state?undefinedNew Jersey

I just want to know where in the Laws is it legal for a Principal to ban a mother and child from school, just because the child didn't do 30 minutes detenion?

S

seniorjudge

Grownfolk said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedNew Jersey

I just want to know where in the Laws is it legal for a Principal to ban a mother and child from school, just because the child didn't do 30 minutes detenion?
Details?

Facts?

Grownfolk

Banned 2

undefinedNew Jersey

This all started from personal issues the principal has with this parent. Actually, it is because she is the PTSO President of our school and she cares about the children and informs the parents about what is going on in the school. If it wasn't for her we wouldn't know that our children are still drinking water that contains lead. The Principal came to one of our PTSO meetings and showed a letter stating that the water was tested and it was fine. But we found out differently. I could go on and on about the things happening. But because this parent knew and thought that the other parents had a right to know he didn't like that. I don't know if he felt too pressured or thought that someone was after his job but that wasn't and isn't the case. These problems existed before he became Principal of our school we just asked if he could help us out to handle these situations and he came in and made all of these promises that we were use to hearing like from the past three Principals before him. Anyway, once he got comfortable I guess he thought that if we had a problem that we would sweep it under the table and let it go but he soon found out otherwise. Then the parent (PTSO President) decided to sit in on two of her sons classes because he was failing. She never asked any questions and she didn't disrupt the class my daughter is a witness to this they have the same classes. She even learned how to do the new math they are teaching now. Anyway, after the classes or after school the two teachers ran to the Principal and told him she was disrupting their classes and asking too many unnecessary questions. The Principal tells her she can no longer sit in any of her childs classes. She didn't make a big fuss about it she left it alone. Then a few days later her son gets detention for talking, his mother signs the note tells him to do the detention. Then she finds out that the Vice-Principal comes in and tells his teacher anything this kid does, "I don't care if he sneezes wrong," anything he does report it to me. That was uncalled for so she tells her son not to do the detention. She goes to speak with the VP the next day and tells him the reason she didn't let her son do detention. The Principal walks up in the middle of the conver. and the VP informs him of what was said. So the Principal tells her that her son can't come to school the next day and she tells him that yes my son will be in school, the Principal says no, she says yes he will and he goes ok as of 3:15 today you and your son are banned from this school. (March 15, 2005) She has been outside protesting since and I along with other parents have been right out there with her to support her. He (the principal) scared alot of people threatening their jobs and everything if they were seen talking with her.

Grownfolk

Banned 3

Does Anyone Have Any Answers To The Banned 2 Post Or Advice? We Really Could Use It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not making fun of you or your problem when I say this; this is the correct answer.

It's not whether or not we can point you in the direction of a law that says it is legal. It's whether you can show us a law that says it isn't.

In the absence of a law forbidding an action, the right to do so is presumed.

Grownfolk

To Silverplum

If it wasn't worth your time why would you take time out to respond with a stupid remark? Next time or from now on keep the negativity to yourself.

S

seniorjudge

cbg said:
In the absence of a law forbidding an action, the right to do so is presumed.
Have you been reading Blackstone's Commentary?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">