• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being allowed to attend a college that I didnt meet the GPA criteria for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riley1124

A couple years ago, I applied to the art institute of pittsburgh online, they said that my GPA was a little low for the courses but I could take some of their basic courses to get some extra credits and then become eligible to attend the college. I have done it, and completed all of my courses and will be paying back my student loans starting soon.

I am wondering (i have heard about a lawsuit involving this school that allows students to attend even though they might not meet the criteria so that they can make more money). I am not sure if what they did with allowing me to attend was legal or illegal, just wanted to figure this out before I start paying them back.

Thanks guys

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A couple years ago, I applied to the art institute of pittsburgh online, they said that my GPA was a little low for the courses but I could take some of their basic courses to get some extra credits and then become eligible to attend the college. I have done it, and completed all of my courses and will be paying back my student loans starting soon.

I am wondering (i have heard about a lawsuit involving this school that allows students to attend even though they might not meet the criteria so that they can make more money). I am not sure if what they did with allowing me to attend was legal or illegal, just wanted to figure this out before I start paying them back.

Thanks guys
You are kidding, right? You owe the money. You got the benefit of the education so you owe the money. There is nothing illegal about what they did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">