• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blackmail???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

student06

I am in Texas.
Ok, There is alot of things going on in my school right now. Im a Junior in high school. Many many people are being forced to resign including our Athletic Director. As far as most of us are concerned it is due to our supt. Everyone is just about sick of him. The faculty and everyone in school is so scarred to death to tell everyone whats going on for fear of being forced to resign. Well there is this sports radio show with an online forum for anything having to do with high school sports. Everyone is starting to get on to voice their opinions freely. Well I got on and I said some good things about my coaching staff which I believe is bing mistreated and I said some pretty nasty things about my supt. Well I was starting to become a little bit of a hero within much of my community, but an enemy to the regime of the dictatorship of our school. Well this morning I was called to the principal's office and when I got there he closed the doors and shades and all and he continued to threaten me in several ways. He threatened to make sure that I didn't get into the colleges I was interested in (including the military academy's) bye not writing me a recomendation letter, by making several phone calls, and getting other administrators to do the same. He also threatened to raise an issue that was a year old having to do with a very very blown out of proportion event concerning me touching a girl innapropriatly by which was silenced at the time by me getting a non law school punishment of sac. (let me tell you though the whole issue was bull and the girl wasn't even the one mad. she didn't think it was sexual herself). I don't know what he ment exactly by that but I assume he ment tell everyone about it including the colleges I wish to enter. and he threatened to make the rest of my college career a living hell. All that he wanted was for me to stop posting my opinions on the site alltogether and keep our conversation a secret. He gave me the choice, and scarred I didn't know what to do I agreed after telling him that he was infringing on my right to freedom of speech, and that this is blackmail. He simply said life isn't fair always. I feel so helpless. Is there anything that I can do? I know there must be something. Is this considered blackmail? Is it against the law? should I just accept it or should i take a plan of action? I was thinking maybe trying to lure him into a conversation about it with a tape recorder on me. Would that carry for anything? Would it be pointless? I can't go to the supt because of my situation with the internet forums... PLEASE HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">