• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California school district lost my transcripts 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D Brown

I applied for a job, and they required me to have completed high school or college. I attended Tulane university and a semester program at Long beach state. I did not complete college. I did obviously complete high school. I have been a Account Executive in Wholesale finance for years (thorough background checks, advertising complete background checks. but with this job, they told them that there was no record of me graduating. The gave me the run around for 2 weeks know. my new employer gave me a deadline, because the keep pushing back my start date, because they believe I graduated. Tulane has been more then nice by telling me they may not have my high school transcript, but they can verify that i attended there, and that they already verified the transcript. On Friday the counselor finally calls me to say, that the reason she has not called me was because I did not have enough credits to graduate and maybe, the just let me walk and that my diploma probably didn't have a stamp'. She emails the transcript to me and she is missing, part of 1988 and the first quarter of my freshman year. I am know calling past employer and I contact a attorney. He is calling me on his day off 2/21/2016 to talk to me. My deadline for this job is 2/25/2015. I do have a backup job, but they are going to have the same problem. I may end up in fast food. I cant pay my rent, credit cards or car payment. I have 9 days to come up with the money. I just signed a least in Texas that says that, i have to forfeit my furniture in lieu of payment. My furniture is new. I feel like me hands are tied, especially because I now live over 2000 miles away, and cant do anything about it. i am a woman with absolutely no family help. just waiting for eviction. sorry about the ranting and grammatical errors, but i am frustrated.

OHRoadwarrior

It does not appear they lost your transcripts but are disputing you graduated. you must correct the issue. It is your responsibility ultimately to provide the record and make sure it is accurate before applying or spending money on getting a job based on the record. This is usually accomplished by official transcripts showing you were awarded a degree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">