• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a High School Counsellor hold a student's school forms?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kiwi3

New York State. I'm applying to many colleges this year, but my high school counselor doesn't approve of my number. Can she decide to hold all my school forms until I agree to reduce my number?

You Are Guilty

New York State. I'm applying to many colleges this year, but my high school counselor doesn't approve of my number. Can she decide to hold all my school forms until I agree to reduce my number?
What exactly is your "number"? Phone? Social security?

And which form(s) are they "holding on" to?

Humusluvr

Have you talked to the counselor about WHY you are applying to many colleges? Maybe she has a reason behind her disapproval.

Beyond that, no - she can't just hold your transcripts. But it's not a legal issue. Talk to the principal, and explain your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">