• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue my childrens school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maleesheridan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have contacted the school they have my custody order and school district about how my ex husband doesn't have legal or physical custody of the children and yet they still let him sign retain papers for both children, let his girlfriend pick them up as I have asked not over and over they would take her off and put her back on, they said I need a restraining order in order for her to pick them up anymore.. any there anything I can about this

LdiJ

I have contacted the school they have my custody order and school district about how my ex husband doesn't have legal or physical custody of the children and yet they still let him sign retain papers for both children, let his girlfriend pick them up as I have asked not over and over they would take her off and put her back on, they said I need a restraining order in order for her to pick them up anymore.. any there anything I can about this
Can you explain more clearly your custody situation? Does dad have parenting time/visitation?

Just Blue

Nope. Get over it.

Blue

Proserpina

The school is correct. Without a restraining order, they can actually get into trouble for not releasing the kids to Dad/his agent.

They don't care about your court order, since it's irrelevant.

If you want to modify the order, take it back to court.

Now. If he's taking the children and keeping them from you when it's your parenting time, that's another issue entirely.

maleesheridan

The school is correct. Without a restraining order, they can actually get into trouble for not releasing the kids to Dad/his agent.

They don't care about your court order, since it's irrelevant.

If you want to modify the order, take it back to court.

Now. If he's taking the children and keeping them from you when it's your parenting time, that's another issue entirely.

he took them across state lines and wont let me have them back

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
he took them across state lines and wont let me have them back
Then you need to contact the authorities. The term you need to use is parental kidnapping. As you have described it, that's what's going on.

But, I suspect that there is much more to this story than you let on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">