• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue TCI College of Technolody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tramika

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
TCI College of Technology
Add. 320 West 31st Street (between 8th and 9th Ave)
New York, NY 10001
Ph. 212.594.4000

I attended TCI beginning in May 2010, and "graduated" in May 2012, I still have not received my diploma which was an Associates in Health Information Technology, and I did take a test for a Billing and Coding license which I have received. It is 2016 and I have yet to receive my degree, and still have been in contact with them and they keep giving me the same excuse of it will be mailed to me. It has been 4 years, and still no word from them, I am now residing in Vermillion, SD attending USD (University of South Dakota) for my BFA. Every time I am in New York, I go to TCI and ask them about my degree, last time was spring break in March. They still informed me that it will be mailed to me.

I gained a large debt from them that is so far over $35,600 and have I have to ask why did I even take out this much during my education there? Because I did not buy many books for the classes that I attended and I finished with a 4.0, and attended every single class they gave me on my schedule, yet I don't see how much and why I had to be charged that much. And still no degree received after 4 Years. I also have to note, I was not able to attend the graduation ceremony in December 2012 as I was attending USD at the time and was not able to time off work. Yet if I was going to receive my degree during this ceremony, wouldn't they just mail it to me as I have updated my information with them and StudentLoans.gov.

Can I take any legal actions here?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
TCI College of Technology
Add. 320 West 31st Street (between 8th and 9th Ave)
New York, NY 10001
Ph. 212.594.4000

I attended TCI beginning in May 2010, and "graduated" in May 2012, I still have not received my diploma which was an Associates in Health Information Technology, and I did take a test for a Billing and Coding license which I have received. It is 2016 and I have yet to receive my degree, and still have been in contact with them and they keep giving me the same excuse of it will be mailed to me. It has been 4 years, and still no word from them, I am now residing in Vermillion, SD attending USD (University of South Dakota) for my BFA. Every time I am in New York, I go to TCI and ask them about my degree, last time was spring break in March. They still informed me that it will be mailed to me.

I gained a large debt from them that is so far over $35,600 and have I have to ask why did I even take out this much during my education there? Because I did not buy many books for the classes that I attended and I finished with a 4.0, and attended every single class they gave me on my schedule, yet I don't see how much and why I had to be charged that much. And still no degree received after 4 Years. I also have to note, I was not able to attend the graduation ceremony in December 2012 as I was attending USD at the time and was not able to time off work. Yet if I was going to receive my degree during this ceremony, wouldn't they just mail it to me as I have updated my information with them and StudentLoans.gov.

Can I take any legal actions here?
I am not seeing any legal action for you to take, based on my understanding of what you have written.

If you are enrolled in classes at USD, it seems likely that you were able to provide USD with an official copy of your transcript from TCI. It is this official transcript that is important. That is your college record and indicates your enrollment, the courses taken, the grades earned and the degree conferred.

A diploma, which is generally handed out to graduates at their graduation ceremony (although they can be mailed after-the-fact), can be nice to frame and hang on a wall.

To order a copy of your official transcript, you can go to: http://www.tcicollege.edu/transcript-requests

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">