• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a school refuse a child from going on a field trip without one of his/her parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudyShy

Can teachers have sex with students legally?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hell

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I received a letter from my son's kindergarten teacher and principal saying that he could not attend the zoo field trip after I had filled out and sent in the permission slip with the money required. She cited that on the last field trip he was "excitable" and "wandered" and that he is a liability. He has always been good in the past whenever I have taken him the zoo, museums, and other fun places. He also does not have a disability/take medications/have an IEP.
When you take him, it's one on one, right? Pity the teachers who have 30+ students to keep within view. If your son caused them problems during the last field trip, I can see their point. Have you volunteered to accompany the class as a chaperone? :cool:

I'mTheFather

Perhaps you have a friend or relative who can accompany your son.

You're really looking at this the wrong way. If your son tends to wander on school field trips, then it's for his own safety that someone accompany him. Would you prefer that the teacher take her chances that he won't disappear in a crowd when he wanders away from the group?

As far as the frazzled teacher is concerned, she may have a similarly less-than-kind opinion of you.

I'mTheFather

Hopefully, he'll also learn that leaving the safety of the group and not following directions can lead to danger. You know, stranger-danger. You seem awfully blasé about this. (This would be the basis of her opinion of you, if she has one, IMO.)

Also, I highly doubt that the teacher was referring to excitability about learning. :rolleyes:

I'mTheFather

Being the kind person that I am, I feel an obligation to feed those less fortunate than myself, especially those who have so little of value in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">