• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we get our Financial Aid money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flux06

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Ok so here is the scoop. We go to a small private christian college and we are about to move because we dont like it here anymore. The idea was to ask for the left over financial aid which is around 900 dollars for the semester. We have heard 2 things so far. one person told us they have to give us the money, but on the other hand we have heard stories about the administration here not working with students and not giving them their money. So on that note if the school refuses us our extra money is their anything we can do or say to them that would change their decision.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Ok so here is the scoop. We go to a small private christian college and we are about to move because we dont like it here anymore. The idea was to ask for the left over financial aid which is around 900 dollars for the semester. We have heard 2 things so far. one person told us they have to give us the money, but on the other hand we have heard stories about the administration here not working with students and not giving them their money. So on that note if the school refuses us our extra money is their anything we can do or say to them that would change their decision.
Alrighty then. :cool:

Proserpina

Post hx, folks.

:cool:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I am no expert but this is what i believe this person whom i believe to be very rude. Off topic i would say most of the posters that are labeled as senior members have been extremely rude to people on the forums.

Anyway sir as unfortunate as your situation may be. It doesn't really change your situation. Regardless, your child support money goes to your ex because they believe her to be able to spend it better than your daughter could. At this point i would seriously consider legal council. Rather than a free advice forum where you have been getting trolled. Good luck
'Nuff said. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
At the risk of sounding rude to the non-expert...

Perhaps you should get some Legal council

Flux06

Lol

Like i said trolls. Don't get all upset now when i tell you that i based that opinion off of what you had previously posted. But wait no one should be held accountable for what they say right.

Proserpina

Like i said trolls. Don't get all upset now when i tell you that i based that opinion off of what you had previously posted. But wait no one should be held accountable for what they say right.

Oh DO go away dear. You're not actually interesting at all. You're boring us to tears.

ecmst12

Are you going to finish the semester and not register for next semester or disenroll before it starts?

Silverplum

I think that, based on your past posts, it's probably best for the college to keep the "left over financial aid." They know how "to spend it better."

:cool:

OHRoadwarrior

Sorry, the college has a legal obligation to return the financial aid to the grantor. As you did not complete the semester, expect a large bill to be heading your way.

You Are Guilty

While I do not see any basis to get a "refund" of your financial aid, based on your posts, you may have a viable cause of action against the school for negligent teaching.

CSO286

Perhaps you should leave the college. Please return to high school and ask your former english teachers to give you the basic writing education you should have received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">