• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child injuries at school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katmac80

my Sp Ed student was injuried at school without required notification. the school completed an investigation, but it was inconclusive and the teacher is still working in the contained classrooms without any consequences. is there anything I can do?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
my Sp Ed student was injuried at school without required notification. the school completed an investigation, but it was inconclusive and the teacher is still working in the contained classrooms without any consequences. is there anything I can do?
Sorry, this forum is for US Law only

Proserpina

Do you believe the teacher caused the injury?

katmac80

Yes, child protective services they told me to file a police report, which I did. The district was furious and made no qualms about telling me so. The school is the one that completed the investigation today and notified me of the completion with inconclusive results. The police detective that is suppose to be handling the investigation of my complaint wont be back until tuesday.

Eekamouse

The school is supposed to notify you before injuring your child? How does that work?

Were you there when the incident happened? Unless you were, you have no idea what actually occurred.

Proserpina

The school is supposed to notify you before injuring your child? How does that work?

Were you there when the incident happened? Unless you were, you have no idea what actually occurred.
On the offchance you're actually misunderstanding, "the school is to notify" would be the requirement.

katmac80

My child is in special education because she has autism and is non verbal. The head teacher of the classroom was suppose to notify me of the injury, (a bruise on her arm) as well as file an incident report, neither was done. No, I was not in the classroom when it happend. My belief that the teacher caused it stems from previous questionable statements the teacher has made. I kept my daughter home until she could be placed in a different classroom, but she still has passing interaction with the other teacher. My question was if there was anything else I could do, not if I was wrong in questioning how my child was injured.

I'mTheFather

That's all you can do.

I will caution you to refrain from accusing the teacher of abuse without any kind of proof, or you could find yourself on the wrong side of a lawsuit.

katmac80

Ok, thank you for your constructive comments. I have kept as much pii as possible out of my post intentionally for just that reason☺ I just wanted to make sure that I had done all that I could in this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">