• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child removed from class without cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mello1198

My daughter is in the third grade in tennessee, for a period of about 2 1/2 months she was removed from her class for one class period a week to talk with the school counsler my daughter did not tell us that this was happening and also the school did not notify the parents that this was happening. when we found out that this was happening we called a conference to discuss several subjects with the teacher and the principal attended the could not adequatly explain why she was removed from class and after the request for a conference the meetings stopped. the main question that I have is what rules and laws have been violated and what recorse do we have in correcting this matter

vrzirn

Is your child the only one afforded an opportunity to speak privately with a counselor? Was this a group session or one-on-one?If she no longer does so, that is the end of the story.
You objected, they stopped. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">