• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College suspends me for drug use even after I pass a drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

v33dubbinit

What is the name of your state? AZ

I live in Arizona

I was recently drug tested by my school, which is in the contract I signed when I enrolled, random drug testing is allowed. The company that did the testing was Sonora Quest a drugtesting lab. When I went in the bathroom I asked the woman who was actually taking the sample if we had full confidentiality. She replied that, "We have full confidentiality and anything you tell me cannot be disclosed to the school." When I was called into the meeting with the counselor she told me that I had tested positive for Marijuana. Knowing that the school would kick me out if I disagreed or told them I didn't, and being stupid, I said ok whatever and copped a plea to go to rehab. Today when I went back after my meeting with a counselor I asked to actually see the results, and they came back negative. When I told her this she said, yes but you told the woman who took the sample that you had done drugs so you still have to go to rehab and you signed paperwork saying you had done marijuana.

I asked to see the paper and it says
"I understand that marijuana, an illegal substance has been reported in my system. I also understand that I am suspended from training effective immediately..." Then it goes on about rehab and such. I have a negative test for the army in April, one for my job in May, and also one that also is negative from my school beginning of june. My class now thinks I came up positive because I was made to leave school so everybody thinks I'm a druggie because of a hypothetical question to a healthcare provider. They knew I had a drug test. So here are my questions I guess

1. Does this constitute breach of Doctor Patient confidentiality or Malpractice towards the health company? The school is saying since they contract the company for them that it doesn't. I seriously disagree. Does this even matter since I passed the test I mean I was asking a question under the guise of what I thought was confidentiality

2. Does what the school did by putting this in my file constitute falsification of records or libel. Remember that it says that marijuana was found in my system.

3. Do I have anything else, I think it's defemation of character to say I do drugs when I came up negative in a random test and force me to go to rehab. Where I was made to sit in a room and never leave supervision after I was told I had to take it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
v33dubbinit said:
you signed paperwork saying you had done marijuana.

I asked to see the paper and it says
"I understand that marijuana, an illegal substance has been reported in my system. I also understand that I am suspended from training effective immediately..." QUOTE]

Why did you sign this?

V

v33dubbinit

It says I understand marijuana has been reported in my system. I didn't sign that I smoked. I already explained it they threatened to kick me out of school if I didn't so I copped a plea. Besides the beginning statement was manipulated by the school, it isn't even true. They falsified statements on a legal document.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">