• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

college transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huff2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

My daughter attended a university last year, it cost me 11,000 out of pocket for her to attend. I paid 5,000 in full for the 1st semester, but I still owe 3800 for the 2nd semester. She is trying to enroll in a community college now, but the university will not send us transcripts for the 1st semester. I lost my job and currently receiving unemployment. I tried to set up a payment plan but they want me to pay more than i can afford a month. The community college needs something showing her attending the 1st semester.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

My daughter attended a university last year, it cost me 11,000 out of pocket for her to attend. I paid 5,000 in full for the 1st semester, but I still owe 3800 for the 2nd semester. She is trying to enroll in a community college now, but the university will not send us transcripts for the 1st semester. I lost my job and currently receiving unemployment. I tried to set up a payment plan but they want me to pay more than i can afford a month. The community college needs something showing her attending the 1st semester.
The univeristy is under no obligation to release the transcripts without having been paid. Your daughter might want to consider a part-time job so she can pay her college debt.

Humusluvr

Added to that - MOST if not ALL schools will not release transcripts without payments, or while there is still fees or fines due. If you want the transcripts, take out a loan and pay off what you owe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">