• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

coming to school early? trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

avondj40

Indiana
okay so a recently posted rule says that we as students can not show up to school early or we will be written up.
is this right?
i am a student of the school. i did not do anything wrong. i stayed in my car with the car off. waited quietly.
a teacher comes out with a clipboard and a pen and wrote down my license plate

I'mTheFather

I am thinking about the logistics of everybody arriving all at once.
I would be very surprised if the rule specified that everyone arrive at X time. More likely, students are prohibited from arriving Y minutes before the bell unless they have a morning activity. That's quite reasonable and is a safety measure.

OHRoadwarrior

The school provides a supervised environment and schedules that within the time frame they advise you to appear. Our HS does not even unlock the doors early and then only allows those receiving free breakfast to enter.

ComicDom1

The school provides a supervised environment and schedules that within the time frame they advise you to appear. Our HS does not even unlock the doors early and then only allows those receiving free breakfast to enter.
Why assume facts and jump the gun here. What happens at your HS might not apply to this one. Not everything in life is universal and it would be silly to assume it is. I think you need more information before you can you can give the proper advice here.

Jason

Proserpina

Why assume facts and jump the gun here. What happens at your HS might not apply to this one. Not everything in life is universal and it would be silly to assume it is. I think you need more information before you can you can give the proper advice here.

Jason

And your proper advice is.... what?

OHRoadwarrior

Who is jumping the gun? Many schools have rules about authority to enter the property. He ran afoul of them. That is trespassing.

Jason

ComicDom1

Who is jumping the gun? Many schools have rules about authority to enter the property. He ran afoul of them. That is trespassing.
That might be true, but you have no idea what his school rules are or why. You just made an assumption they are similar to the high school in your area and you have no idea if they are or not. Again you need to ask a question or two instead of just blindly responding with the word trespassing. Also from what I understand, if this happens to be a public school and I have no idea if it is or isn't, then its state property, and it is owned by the taxpayers in that state. So the thing to do is find out what the actual rule is, have the OP post the complete wording of the rule on the chat board and then give him advice from there, after you have all the facts.

Jason

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">