• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spencer254

I currently go to a catholic school, and am in eighth grade. My teacher constantly gives me (Indian) and the black kid more punishment, for smaller things, than the rest of the class. The entire class agrees, and clearly sees how racist she is being. It's similar to this in other classes as well. I went up to get a tissue in class, and she gave me a conduct(our version of punishments, if you get three its a detention). Two white kids were fighting earlier today, and they didn't even get in any trouble. My art teacher constantly yells at the black kid constantly, for no reason. Could I possibly win a lawsuit against my school?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I currently go to a catholic school, and am in eighth grade. My teacher constantly gives me (Indian) and the black kid more punishment, for smaller things, than the rest of the class. The entire class agrees, and clearly sees how racist she is being. It's similar to this in other classes as well. I went up to get a tissue in class, and she gave me a conduct(our version of punishments, if you get three its a detention). Two white kids were fighting earlier today, and they didn't even get in any trouble. My art teacher constantly yells at the black kid constantly, for no reason. Could I possibly win a lawsuit against my school?
Please speak to your school's counselor about your concerns. You may also wish to ask your parents to assist you with this.

What US state are you going to school in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">