• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early education center violated their own policys. Child safety/dishonest practice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citigirl2014

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
My child was enrolled in a Early education program funded by Colorado State. I am the "Enrolling" parent. My child has been withdrawn, or transferred to a New school without my consent. I don't know if she was withdrawn or transferred due to the program not cooperating. The Director of her previous school, LIED to my face and told me she had been "dropped" due to her attendance. I then was told that I could not re-enroll her without her Father and I agreeing upon a new school. After finding out that she has been enrolled into a new school by the same program, I decided to dig deeper. I found out that the transfer is in MY Name. She was NOT dropped due to attendance. I requested a copy of her attendance record from her previous school and was denied by the receptionist. She stated she did not have access and I needed to speak with the director. I then contacted the Enrolling office for the program. I was given an attendance record as well as the woman I spoke to and explained the situation to informed me that I was not treated fairly and that I needed to file a complaint. She explained that the receptionist did have access. We also noticed that the receptionist was shown to have signed my child into and out of the school, on SEVERAL OCCASIONS. That is a DIRECT VIOLATION OF POLICY REGARDING CHILD SAFETY. The handbook is very clear on the issues of "child custody" if there is no order than all responsibility and decisions are to be made by the "enrolling parent". Policy regarding picking up and dropping off children is also clear. A finger print is required at the time of both. As well as anyone NOT on the list has to be authorized by the enrolling parent and then given a finger print. It's very clear. I was Lied to by the director regarding my child being dropped for attendance, I did not authorize her being withdrawn or transferred. I do not know WHO was picking up my child and removing her from school premises on the days she was signed out by the school receptionist. I have a falsified and fraudulent copy of attendance given by the receptionist for the previous school. Because of the actions of the school, as well as other things I am now going to have to begin a custody battle. Custody issues aside. Since when is it ok for a State funded preschool program's faculty to not only LIE and be dishonest to a parent, since when can they VIOLATE THE POLICY'S THEY SET?? Or give a parent a document that is purposely altered to be consistent with the LIE? I would like to know what legal rights I have and should take regarding this matter. I have all documentation to support this issue.

OHRoadwarrior

Go to your county Board of Education and lodge a complaint. If not satisfied with the outcome, go to the state Board. Note this may not get your child back into the original program.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
My child was enrolled in a Early education program funded by Colorado State. I am the "Enrolling" parent. My child has been withdrawn, or transferred to a New school without my consent. I don't know if she was withdrawn or transferred due to the program not cooperating. The Director of her previous school, LIED to my face and told me she had been "dropped" due to her attendance. I then was told that I could not re-enroll her without her Father and I agreeing upon a new school. After finding out that she has been enrolled into a new school by the same program, I decided to dig deeper. I found out that the transfer is in MY Name. She was NOT dropped due to attendance. I requested a copy of her attendance record from her previous school and was denied by the receptionist. She stated she did not have access and I needed to speak with the director. I then contacted the Enrolling office for the program. I was given an attendance record as well as the woman I spoke to and explained the situation to informed me that I was not treated fairly and that I needed to file a complaint. She explained that the receptionist did have access. We also noticed that the receptionist was shown to have signed my child into and out of the school, on SEVERAL OCCASIONS. That is a DIRECT VIOLATION OF POLICY REGARDING CHILD SAFETY. The handbook is very clear on the issues of "child custody" if there is no order than all responsibility and decisions are to be made by the "enrolling parent". Policy regarding picking up and dropping off children is also clear. A finger print is required at the time of both. As well as anyone NOT on the list has to be authorized by the enrolling parent and then given a finger print. It's very clear. I was Lied to by the director regarding my child being dropped for attendance, I did not authorize her being withdrawn or transferred. I do not know WHO was picking up my child and removing her from school premises on the days she was signed out by the school receptionist. I have a falsified and fraudulent copy of attendance given by the receptionist for the previous school. Because of the actions of the school, as well as other things I am now going to have to begin a custody battle. Custody issues aside. Since when is it ok for a State funded preschool program's faculty to not only LIE and be dishonest to a parent, since when can they VIOLATE THE POLICY'S THEY SET?? Or give a parent a document that is purposely altered to be consistent with the LIE? I would like to know what legal rights I have and should take regarding this matter. I have all documentation to support this issue.
What kind of custody do you have? Legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">