• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Education Laws...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DHITTLE

I currently live in Louisville, Kentucky, I've been a resident of Kentucky for 20 years and was born here. I will be graduating from UofL, and will be going to Law School in Virginia.

My Question involves what all I'm legally required to do?

1. Am I required to become a citizen of VA? (Or can I remain a citizen of KY?)
2. Am I required to get a new drivers license in VA? (Or can I renew my license in KY?)
3. Am I required to register my vehicle in VA? (Or can I continue to register in KY?)

To help with the answering of these questions, I will be taking my KY registered vehicle to VA, I will be renting a place in VA, and will be working in VA during Law School.

Again my question, is what am I legally required to do?

HomeGuru

I currently live in Louisville, Kentucky, I've been a resident of Kentucky for 20 years and was born here. I will be graduating from UofL, and will be going to Law School in Virginia.

2. Am I required to get a new drivers license in VA? (Or can I renew my license in KY?)
3. Am I required to register my vehicle in VA? (Or can I continue to register in KY?)

To help with the answering of these questions, I will be taking my KY registered vehicle to VA, I will be renting a place in VA, and will be working in VA during Law School.

**A: I am perplexed that you don't already know the answers or did some research to obtain the answers. The answers are no,no and no at this point in time.

HomeGuru

**A: I am perplexed that you don't already know the answers or did some research to obtain the answers. The answers are no,no and no at this point in time.
And what do your questions have to do with education law anyway?

DHITTLE

I thank the respondents for the answers to my questions... I filed these questions under Education Law, because the laws would be different based upon different criteria. If I was an ordinary citizen moving to VA for work, or any other reason, I would more than likely have to become a citizen of VA and register there, etc.

I do however not appreciate the rude comments, I believe you should keep those to yourself.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If I was an ordinary citizen moving to VA for work, or any other reason, I would more than likely have to become a citizen of VA and register there, etc.

Says who?

ecmst12

If you are living in any state for more than 30 days, generally you need to transfer your car registration and license there. Will you be maintaining a permanent residence in KY?

AubreyBenton

Education law the term "school law" is the name given to the branch of civil law that covers the laws and regulations and government.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">