• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eipsd?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seeking knowled

I am currently 40 years old and went to school through the detroit public school system starting back in 1975. during my elementary years of school two teachers 2nd and 3rd grade, on a daily basis physically disciplined students for talking or whatever they felt the need to. this discipline consisted of going up to the teachers desk, in front of your peers, spread or stretch out your hand as far as you could, and then they would hit your hand with a stack of wooden rulers that were bound by rubber bands. there were also incidents of ridicule in front of the class. I also had a science teacher that would allow us to bring snacks into class and he would walk aroung the class saying "I smell chips!" and he would take a portion of each snack for himself and if you didn't "up it" you would be hit with a pointer stick. This stick was also used during "regular" discipline periods, all of which occur in front of everyone. I have nightmares still and didn't finish school, EIPSD??????

Proserpina

I am currently 40 years old and went to school through the detroit public school system starting back in 1975. during my elementary years of school two teachers 2nd and 3rd grade, on a daily basis physically disciplined students for talking or whatever they felt the need to. this discipline consisted of going up to the teachers desk, in front of your peers, spread or stretch out your hand as far as you could, and then they would hit your hand with a stack of wooden rulers that were bound by rubber bands. there were also incidents of ridicule in front of the class. I also had a science teacher that would allow us to bring snacks into class and he would walk aroung the class saying "I smell chips!" and he would take a portion of each snack for himself and if you didn't "up it" you would be hit with a pointer stick. This stick was also used during "regular" discipline periods, all of which occur in front of everyone. I have nightmares still and didn't finish school, EIPSD??????

Even if you had a valid case (which you don't), the statute of limitations has long since passed.

Keep going to therapy.

Antigone*

There is definitely a full moon tonight. I think we're getting a double whamey because of the eclipse

This one is tin-foil hat society material.;)

Just Blue

What is "eipsd"?

quincy

I have no clue what eipsd is (a stress disorder?), but the type of discipline that is claimed might not be exaggerated.

There have been recent reports of some students in a few Detroit schools being tasered.

Of course, that above statement probably does nothing to ease the eipsd seekingknowled is suffering from, nor does it help much in encouraging seekingknowled to finish up his/her education and get a degree.

Last edited:

Proserpina

I have no clue what eipsd is (a stress disorder?), but the types of discipline that is claimed might not be exaggerated.

There have been recent reports that some students in a few Detroit schools have been tasered.

Of course, that above statement probably does nothing to ease the eipsd seekingknowled is suffering from, nor does it help much in encouraging seekingknowled to finish up his/her education and get a degree.

What OP describes was actually pretty normal when I was in high school. (In the UK).

The remedy, if one wanted to avoid being physically disciplined, was quite simple. One simply kept one's mouth shut in class unless asked a question, and did what one was told.

We learned pretty quickly. :cool:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I have no clue what eipsd is (a stress disorder?), but the type of discipline that is claimed might not be exaggerated.

There have been recent reports of some students in a few Detroit schools being tasered.

They use pepper spray in the Birmingham City Schools. :cool:

quincy

I read your earlier thread, CarlyleII. Your first sentence above is pretty funny. I imagine you wrote it standing up, huh? ;)

EIPSD is Educationally Induced Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, linked in some cases to corporal punishment in school. This is from the Journal of Adolescent Medicine.

Last edited:

CarlyleII

I read your earlier thread, CarlyleII. Your first sentence above is pretty funny. I imagine you wrote it standing up, huh? ;)
Yeh I admit...."girly swing" was tough talk. I think I got the special edition "you've taken up too much of my time this week" licks (worse than the last one a few years back). There's a cure for slacking. He ain't gettin near me with that again.

EIPSD is Educationally Induced Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, linked in some cases to corporal punishment in school. This is from the Journal of Adolescent Medicine.
Yeh, that's what i got at the moment.

Humusluvr

haha, thanks.
Afterwards the principal goes to me "happy now?". I was like, yeh, I'm thrilled.
LOL, Carly, you get the "sport of the week" award.

I would also like to claim EIPSD for working in these crazy schools. Teachers can have it too, right? WORKERS COMP!!!!

CarlyleII

LOL, Carly, you get the "sport of the week" award.
Thanks. This makes everything better. ;)
I'll take the award since I'm not winning it again. The AP said to me "you know going to class is sort of the point of school?". I know. I know 3 times.

(lol, "Carly", it's kind of funny you said that, no I'm "Carly'soldestlittlebrother")

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">