• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extra curricular activity in high school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chr1st247

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

How to proceed when your child has been given one set of rules to go by when trying out for an extra curricular activity than the rest that are trying out?

I have already talked to the assistant principal, the principal, and the superintendant.

CSO286

How to proceed when your child has been given one set of rules to go by when trying out for an extra curricular activity than the rest that are trying out?

I have already talked to the assistant principal, the principal, and the superintendant.
Most kids only get one set of rules for tryouts**************....

CdwJava

How about a little more explanation? What rules were imposed on your child and what rules were imposed on others? And, how does the school or program director explain the apparent discrepancy?

chr1st247

The team that they were on got disbard before the end of the season...bad coach and captain...lots of problems. Only two of the past members had to get a total points of 15 out of 15 when the others that are trying out had to get a 15 out of 20.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The team that they were on got disbard before the end of the season...bad coach and captain...lots of problems. Only two of the past members had to get a total points of 15 out of 15 when the others that are trying out had to get a 15 out of 20.
15 is 15. I don't see any problem.

chr1st247

Extra Curricular Activity in High School

There is a problem...I did not explain it clearly for you. There is 4 categories to make up the total 20 points. Two of them only are given 3 categories to make up the 15 points. Were someone could fall short on some points in one category could make it up in the rest of the categories. Those two do not get that opportunity.

Isis1

There is a problem...I did not explain it clearly for you. There is 4 categories to make up the total 20 points. Two of them only are given 3 categories to make up the 15 points. Were someone could fall short on some points in one category could make it up in the rest of the categories. Those two do not get that opportunity.
what is the fourth category? and why are only some giving that category?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Bummer. Better luck next time.

CdwJava

And, when you asked the coach or sports director why this was, what was their response?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Also, how many of the kids trying out were involved in the previous team?

Just WHY was that team disbanded? I doubt it was purely due to a bad coach and bad captain. That tends to lead to a losing season. Disbanding a team indicates a pretty high level of misconduct. Holding athletes involved in such a situation could lead to them being held to a higher standard. And perhaps should be, IMO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">