• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fafsa help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Defy

I currently reside in Nevada.

At the age of 18 I was kicked out of the house, after my mother stole a trust fund under my name. Because of the falling out, I'm unable to use her information for Fafsa, as it doesn't classify under the fixed special circumstances. In addition my father is in Colorado, with warrants for his arrests. He also hasen't payed taxes in the last 15 years, racking up a large amount of debt. I read that emancipation is a special circumstance when applying for Fafsa, my question is would it be possible to apply for emancipation even though I am 18 years of age.

OHRoadwarrior

You need to contact the student aid officer at the college you wish to attend. They will guide you as they are your liaison with FAFSA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">