• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed for not meeting higher standards compared to classmates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weber93

I failed a course in my major, which caused me to need summer corded to graduate.

My evaluators stated I was being graded twice as hard as every other student in the class because they put more time into grading my project.

This is obviously difficult to prove but other passing students work wasn't as strong as mine. I also had several other issues, one example. I received an 'A' on a previously turned in part of the project, but then the final submission they ripped it saying it was innacutate.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I failed a course in my major, which caused me to need summer corded to graduate.

My evaluators stated I was being graded twice as hard as every other student in the class because they put more time into grading my project.

This is obviously difficult to prove but other passing students work wasn't as strong as mine. I also had several other issues, one example. I received an 'A' on a previously turned in part of the project, but then the final submission they ripped it saying it was innacutate.
The proper way is to work your way up the food chain of the school. But since you've neglected to name your state, there is no more information to be offered. :cool:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Which US state?

And do you actually have a question?

Are you asking for money? What is a "summer corded" anyhow?

Or are you asking for a better grade? Then that is not something to address legally, but rather, within your academic institution. As each institution has its own system for how one might appeal a grade, you should familiarize yourself with your own institution's process. (Usually you appeal it with the instructor, then the dept chair (pointless, in my experience, but required), then at the college/deans level, etc.)

How hard an instructor grades is subjective in most cases. You have to be able to quantify how you were "unfairly graded". And yes, part of your project might be inaccurate ("innacutate" in your parlance) after you change the rest.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My point being... such lack of attention to detail could very well affect one's final grade.
You mean like "inaccutate"?

I offered to proof my kid's senior thesis - and made it clear she'd better not be whining if she declines and gets dinged for grammar, spelling, etc.

Sorry OP - no sympathy if your post is indicative of your work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">