• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Education Documents..Loss of Educational Documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amandarp

My name is Amanda and I was attending a 4 your college for about 2 months decided that is wasn't for me and withdrew.
Now I am applying to other 4 year schools and they want a statement from my 1st school stating I left on good terms...which would be fine except for this tiny problem.
The 1st school I attended has no record of me withdrawing what so ever. The girl that is in charge of withdrawing now is only 21 years old!!! This particular school also is not up to date on modern technology so evreything in a students file is written out by hand except for grades..they are kept on a computer file.
When I called the registrars office to see if they had any records on attendance, and to see what my transcript said.
They informed me that not only had I failed out of the school...I had 2 incompletes, one D-, and one A belive it or not...but I had been academically dismissed!!
One teacher had stated that I attended class up until 5 days before the final exam.
I had went back to work full time after I left the school...I have work documents from the time I left until now. I could not have been in two places at once.
I also got a letter today from the school saying that I owe them 70 dollars for a phone serivce that I never had. I was a commuter student the entire time I was there. I contacted the school about this issue for the past 3 months and they have not done a thing.
The young girl that is in charge of withdraws is "investigating" this issue..but I call everyday to see if there is anything new that she has found and there is never anything. The only person that she has spoken with was my advisor when I was there and she told her that she knew that I was not satisfied with the quality of education I was receiving but she had no idea I was going to transfer.
When I called yesterday she was suppose to have already called financial aide to see if they had pulled my file. I called this girl twice and she still had not called them.
Honestly it seems like they don't want to do anything to help me.
The only advice that the school has given me was to appeal to the educational standards committee and they would make a decision sometime in late august.
I am applying to schools now...is there anything leagally that I can do?
I feel it is not my fault that they lost the documentation...and now they ar not willing to help me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Amanda

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">