• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GED waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JennnyjD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas, I have a 16 year old who wants to get a GED and her principal refuses to sign a waiver do we have legal options

adjusterjack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas, I have a 16 year old who wants to get a GED and her principal refuses to sign a waiver do we have legal options
No.

Keep her in school until she graduates.

Besides, a 16 year old is a child and needs to do as she is told.

quincy

JennnyjD, a 16 or a 17 year old can be approved to take the GED if they meet the provisions specified in the Arkansas Compulsory Attendance law, Code Ann. 6-18-201.

Here is a link to the law: http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-6/subtitle-2/chapter-18/subchapter-2/6-18-201

To determine whether there are any circumstances that might allow for your daughter to qualify for taking the GED without the waiver will require more information from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">