• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Canyon University

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccarter44

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Georgia
I attended Grand Canyon University as an on-line student. I completed all requirements for the college in December. They expelled me from school on January 31, 2012 saying that I had plagarized work because someone turned in a papers like mine in classes I had taken dated back to 2009. I did not copy anyones work. If anything when my jump drive and tote bag was stolen they got all my information out of it and used it. Now they want send me my degree and transcripts. They expelled me from the school and gave me a grade of F in about 6 classes. What can I do?

antrc170

If you failed classes I don't see how you earned any degree. The school can expell you before posting the degree.

What does the student guide state about expolsion? Is there an appeal process the school has in place? Have you contact the school for a meeting to discuss the situation?

Humusluvr

If you failed classes I don't see how you earned any degree. The school can expell you before posting the degree.

What does the student guide state about expolsion? Is there an appeal process the school has in place? Have you contact the school for a meeting to discuss the situation?
I'm sure the university frowns on student explosions. :)

ccarter44

Did not fail any classes. I got an A in all my classes. They gave me in F when they took my case to to Code of Conduct Committee.

Its possible that the other student, with a paper like yours, said that they got the paper via copying off the internet. Hence, a conclusion that you did too...not that farfetched

csi7

Did you file a police report for the stolen items?
Did you present the timeline of the classes you took?

And, most importantly, did you document your research efforts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">