• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High school diploma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sal737

Now that the new law states that high school students don't have to take the exit exam to graduate ,only have the requirements to graduate . I want to know how I can go about to get my high school diploma knowing that I had the requirements to graduate at the time even though I didn't pass one of the tests for the exit exam . How can I follow up on getting my high school diploma and am I able to ?

Just Blue

Now that the new law states that high school students don't have to take the exit exam to graduate ,only have the requirements to graduate . I want to know how I can go about to get my high school diploma knowing that I had the requirements to graduate at the time even though I didn't pass one of the tests for the exit exam . How can I follow up on getting my high school diploma and am I able to ?
How can you meet the requirements to Graduate if you can't pass the exit exam? :confused:

Sal737

😒

It was one test I didn't pass by a couple points the point is there's kids that didn't even have to try and take it at this point and I was trying to graduate not just pass by .

Just Blue

It was one test I didn't pass by a couple points the point is there's kids that didn't even have to try and take it at this point and I was trying to graduate not just pass by .
I'm sorry. I misread your first post and thought you did not pass any of the exit tests. :eek:

Again I am sorry

Blue

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Assuming we're talking about California...

This page has all you would need to know: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/cahseesuspendfaq.asp

Item #7 addresses your specific questions, but read all the items so you are well informed.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry. I misread your first post and thought you did not pass any of the exit tests. :eek:

Again I am sorry

Blue
Don't worry Blue - this is a California thing. There are two components to the Exit Exam (Math and English.) OP failed one or the other. What you asked could be considered a valid question; it's a matter of perspective. If one only passed one of the two components, it could be said that has not successfully completed the California High School Exit Exam.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Don't worry Blue - this is a California thing. There are two components to the Exit Exam (Math and English.) OP failed one or the other. What you asked could be considered a valid question; it's a matter of perspective. If one only passed one of the two components, it could be said that has not successfully completed the California High School Exit Exam.
I thought the exit test was like our Finals. And Finals are in all Major courses.

Just Blue

It works the same way in my state. The kids can start taking the test as a sophomore and if they pass it that year, they do not have to take it again.
In my state 9-12th grade get mid-term and final exams. Both are a big portion of final grade.

Just Blue

We have those too - this isn't a school thing, it's a statewide thing (standardized test.)
Yup. States do love the standardized testing!! We now have MCAS -PARCC. That starts in 4th grade. for 2 weeks before the test the teachers prepare the kids. Schools that don't do well lose funding. In some cases accreditation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">