• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High School Transcript - Catholic School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSC623

My son recently graduated from a Catholic School in Radnor, PA. He had a large number of demerits this year and was not allowed to attend his senior prom for that reason. They have now said that they will hold his transcript and diploma unless he attends a discipline summer school, which I have said that I will not agree to. This is a punishment that outweighs the infractions (which were minor in nature, though there were many of them).

Can they legally hold his diploma and trascript for this reason? He completed all legal requirements for graduation and I have paid them in full.

momm2500

i know what you are going thru. you forgot to indicate that they are charging $75 for this discipline summer school too. i agree that not being permitted to go to the senior prom is harsh enough when the demirts are only for not having a school id or even not being clean shaven. what they will tell you is the same thing they told me. this is in the school policy and we all signed off on it and can not do anything about it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">