• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeschooling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fang508

I was taken out of public school (First month of 5th grade, I was 9 years old) in North Carolina 13 years ago (I'm 22 now) so I could be Homeschooled by my parents. They only taught me and my younger sister for 3 years then stopped. My sister and I have not seen a Standardized test since I was 13 and she was 9. I have 2 sisters, the younger one is 19 the youngest is 17. the younger 1 (19) is less educated than I was by 2-3 grades. The youngest (17), even less. We were not oriented back into public school either. They claim to be using the "Unschooling method" yet we have not learned any Math,English,social studies,science,writing in atleast 10 years. I recently took classes to get my GED and i passed it pretty good. My Pretabe (First Day GED Assessment test) showed my average Grade was that of a 6th grader.

I did some research, since they arn't in prison yet its obvious they are sending in Fradulant Standardized Test papers, aswell as attendance sheets. I know they could go to jail for this. How bad could all of this get for them?

Antigone*

I was taken out of public school (First month of 5th grade, I was 9 years old) in North Carolina 13 years ago (I'm 22 now) so I could be Homeschooled by my parents. They only taught me and my younger sister for 3 years then stopped. My sister and I have not seen a Standardized test since I was 13 and she was 9. I have 2 sisters, the younger one is 19 the youngest is 17. the younger 1 (19) is less educated than I was by 2-3 grades. The youngest (17), even less. We were not oriented back into public school either. They claim to be using the "Unschooling method" yet we have not learned any Math,English,social studies,science,writing in atleast 10 years. I recently took classes to get my GED and i passed it pretty good. My Pretabe (First Day GED Assessment test) showed my average Grade was that of a 6th grader.

I did some research, since they arn't in prison yet its obvious they are sending in Fradulant Standardized Test papers, aswell as attendance sheets. I know they could go to jail for this. How bad could all of this get for them?
So, you want to send your parents to prison?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Why do you think they would go to jail?

At this point, only the 17 year old would even come in to play since records are only required to be kept for 1 year.

ecmst12

It would be nice if prison was actually a possibility here. The damage they did to their kids' ability to earn a living will take years and thousands to undo.

fang508

No, I don't want to send them to prison, and as for the Records. It's not whether or not they are kept on record for a year. It's the fact that for the last 10 years all Records were falsified. Doesn't the DNPE keep records longer than a year?

Just Blue

No, I don't want to send them to prison, and as for the Records. It's not whether or not they are kept on record for a year. It's the fact that for the last 10 years all Records were falsified. Doesn't the DNPE keep records longer than a year?
What is your objective?:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yes - what is your objective? I'll sixth grade it for you - why do you want to do this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Don't let this OP kid you. She's here on this board because she didn't get the answer she wanted on another one.

She's desperately trying to get someone to say that her parents will go to prison. She's not going to be happy until someone tells her that.

OHRoadwarrior

Parents will go to prison. Court will take everything they own and divide it up between you and your siblings. Court will also find state negligible and pay out mutli-billion dollar lawsuits to each of you.

Was that what you want to hear? Oh J/K:)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
They claim to be using the "Unschooling method" yet we have not learned any Math,English,social studies,science,writing in atleast 10 years.
You obviously do not understand how "unschooling" works. You were supposed to be exploring areas that interested you, learning about them on your own. Not a philosphy that I agree with, but it is accepted in many circles.

And yes, I do know "unschooling" families with extremely motivated kids who ARE getting an education based on their own efforts. Perhaps not all the same subject matter that more traditional schooling methods provide, but kids who are more than able to do their own research, to pick up new concepts easily, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">