• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help, what do i do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

viciousdogz

Florida
i recently received a disciplinary referral (in Boone high school) for the intent to show my class a picture that said "what the **** is a pronoun". just before my class presentation of what a pronoun is i showed my teacher the picture and she said it was not allowed and cut it out. i did not argue at that moment i just continued my presentation without the picture. after the presentation when my teacher told me she was gonna give me a referral i asked my then we debated it for a little until her next class showed up, then i left. when i was called to discipline i felt i was forced to sign my referral since my dean said sign it now or ill give you another one and suspend you. i also asked many questions such as, why and how are you giving me this referral, and other of the same basis. he answered a couple but refused to answer most of them. in the end my referral was for disrespect and other serious misconduct, for the reasoning of it was disrespectful to show my teacher the picture and that for me to bring this picture to school was serious misconduct. IS WHAT THE DEAN DID RIGHT AND THE REFERRAL HE GAVE ME? IF NOT WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

sandyclaus

Florida
i recently received a disciplinary referral (in Boone high school) for the intent to show my class a picture that said "what the **** is a pronoun". just before my class presentation of what a pronoun is i showed my teacher the picture and she said it was not allowed and cut it out. i did not argue at that moment i just continued my presentation without the picture. after the presentation when my teacher told me she was gonna give me a referral i asked my then we debated it for a little until her next class showed up, then i left. when i was called to discipline i felt i was forced to sign my referral since my dean said sign it now or ill give you another one and suspend you. i also asked many questions such as, why and how are you giving me this referral, and other of the same basis. he answered a couple but refused to answer most of them. in the end my referral was for disrespect and other serious misconduct, for the reasoning of it was disrespectful to show my teacher the picture and that for me to bring this picture to school was serious misconduct. IS WHAT THE DEAN DID RIGHT AND THE REFERRAL HE GAVE ME? IF NOT WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
While I'm sure you thought that little picture was cute and funny, it was inappropriate. It WAS disrespectful to show the picture to the teacher, and it was serious misconduct to bring the picture to school and share it.

School is about learning the RIGHT way to do things, not making jokes about the wrong things. The teacher and dean's response was appropriate. Hope you learned the lesson.

Humusluvr

Florida
The others are correct - this isn't a legal issue.

School is about learning lessons. You have learned that stuff you may find funny and commonplace on Facebook is the stuff you'll get suspended for in high school. I think you're lucky you weren't suspended.

The dean gave you a choice - do this the easy way, or escalate it. I think you (and the dean) did the right thing by you admitting you did a dumb thing, and getting the discipline over. Think about it like this - - would you stand up in front of your church congregation and show that picture? I'm guessing no, so why would you think it's appropriate for a presentation. Have you watched your teachers do presentations? Have THEY ever put a picture like that in their slide show? If they did, they would be fired, and now you're learning the lesson that you would be too.

CdwJava

If your parents agree with you that the discipline was inappropriate or not permitted by state law or the school's rules, you should be able to appeal it. In most states the process can be referred to the school administration or the district administration, and finally to the school board.

Apparently they are alleging that you were disrespectful in some way. You believe you were not, they believe you were. Without knowing what they know, we cannot say who is "right."

Talk to mom and dad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">