• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegally held transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

culptmt

I attended college in Texas. I have been trying to get mt transcripts for 3 yrs. The college says I have an outstanding emergency loan. I have proof I've paid it. The collection agency agrees it is paid. The college still refuses to release my transcripts. They just pass me from dept to dept, everyone saying that I owe money, and that they are not sure what the money I did pay them was for. I have tons of documentation. What can I do at this point. I have already threatened legal action, but that doesn't seem to have any affect. Please help me. Much thanks!!!! By the way, I now live out of state (in Nevada) making it all that much more difficult for me to resolve.

C

culptmt

It seems that lots of people have looked at my thread, but nobody has replied. Please give me some advice/feedback.
Much thanks:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

culptmt said:
I attended college in Texas. I have been trying to get mt transcripts for 3 yrs. The college says I have an outstanding emergency loan. I have proof I've paid it. The collection agency agrees it is paid. The college still refuses to release my transcripts. They just pass me from dept to dept, everyone saying that I owe money, and that they are not sure what the money I did pay them was for. I have tons of documentation. What can I do at this point. I have already threatened legal action, but that doesn't seem to have any affect. Please help me. Much thanks!!!! By the way, I now live out of state (in Nevada) making it all that much more difficult for me to resolve.

My response:

If you've already "threatened legal action" and you haven't done anything in that regard, then what would you like from us? We're not going to call the college, nor write them any letters for you. So, what kind of advice were you trying to obtain?

Besides suing the school, or the county, for "Specific Performance", then there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do - - except keep calling them and/or writing more letters to them.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Since the threat of legal action did not work why not follow up and hire an attorney in Texas to represent you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
Since the threat of legal action did not work why not follow up and hire an attorney in Texas to represent you.

My response:

Because for three years, our writer hasn't had the funds, or hasn't had the desire, for litigation. Only now does our writer, hopefully, understand that litigation is, perhaps, the only way to get this "immovable object" to move.

IAAL

C

culptmt

The reason I have not hired a lawyer is I'm not sure I have a case. The reason I've been going through this for so long is that everything I do is over the phone. I call, they say that they will look into it, three days later I call back, and they tell me to call the cashiers office. When I call there, the cashiers office says they are looking up the archive files. A week later they are still unable to give any more help. I've tried to be nice, I've tried to be a *#$^%#. What legal leg do I have? Do I even have one? They are so unbelievably uncompliant that I get frustrated and give up, then try again in a few months. What kind of lawyer does one hire? Does he/she have to be in Texas? Thank you for all your replies. They do give me some hope.

C

culptmt

Still haven't recieved any real advice. I'm looking for some kind of precident. I find it very had to believe that a college has the right to do whatever they want, just because they are the college. If I can prove payment, how can they possibly get away with saying I still owe them money? Still needing help!!!! By the way, I'm not expecting anyone to write/call my college for me, but is this not supposed to be a free legal advice websight. I don't think lawyers telling me to hire a lawyer constitutes as free legal advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

culptmt said:
I don't think lawyers telling me to hire a lawyer constitutes as free legal advice.

My response:

Thank you for your opinion. We believe it does.

Now, continue sitting there, and do nothing to further help yourself.

IAAL

C

culptmt

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I've read most of your responses. You are not a very nice person. You have also never given any actual advice, just insults. Thanks for all the great 'help'.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

culptmt said:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I've read most of your responses. You are not a very nice person. You have also never given any actual advice, just insults. Thanks for all the great 'help'.

My response:

You only think that, and say that, because you're as stupid as a bucket of rocks. You wouldn't know good, solid advice if it smacked you in the face at 100 miles per hour.

And you're a college graduate? It's amazing the crap this country is graduating.

IAAL

C

culptmt

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You only think that, and say that, because you're as stupid as a bucket of rocks. You wouldn't know good, solid advice if it smacked you in the face at 100 miles per hour.

And you're a college graduate? It's amazing the crap this country is graduating.

IAAL
My point is made. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What point?

You never had a "point" - - except for the one on your head.

You're an idiot, and you'll sit there for another 3 years before you'll make any strides at getting your transcripts.

You're a college graduate?

Idiots. That's what were graduating nowadays. Utter, useless, idiots.

IAAL

C

culptmt

I can not believe you people. Did the last person even read my post? Or did you just read that unbelievable ass? By the way, it seems you have a lot of time on your hands for a lawyer. I'm here for answers, so it would jusitfy my looking so much at my post. Your reason? Or is this how you get your kicks? By insulting someone looking for help?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

culptmt said:
I can not believe you people. Did the last person even read my post? Or did you just read that unbelievable ass? By the way, it seems you have a lot of time on your hands for a lawyer. I'm here for answers, so it would jusitfy my looking so much at my post. Your reason? Or is this how you get your kicks? By insulting someone looking for help?

My response:

Okay, now you've elevated yourself from idiot to stupid.

So, what was your point, stupid?

We already gave you advice, stupid.

Why don't you get up from your chair to consult with a local attorney, stupid?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">