• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interdistrict Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atse1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California

To Whom It May Concern,

My son has just applied recently for an interdistrict transfer to another California high public school. The reason we are requesting this transfer is because we feel that his academic ability is limited at his school of residence by the social and academic factors. This is not limited to the bullying and harassment of the student body and academic curriculum, but the ineffectiveness of the school administration.

As a result, the district of residence approved our interdistrict transfer, but the district of (desired) attendance denied it. The reason the district of (desired) attendance denied the interdistrict transfer was because enrollment was impacted at their school.

Thus, I have decided to appeal this case to the county board of education. For this matter, would there any kind of jurisdiction that may go against me for the appeal that may limit my son from entering the school of (desired) attendance? Would there any charges that maybe set forth by the school of (desired) attendance for forcibly accepting my son as a refugee seeking as santuary from the bullying and academic disadvantages at his school of residence for his final year of high school? For example, I have been calling the school of (desired) attendance for information. Would there be charges against my family and me for harassment to the school? Also, are there any jurisdictions or previous cases that may assist my son to enter the school of (desired) attendance? What are they?

In response to the California Class-Reduction Act, how much money does the school lose when it is overcrowded with one more than the expected capacity?

In addition, how much does it cost for the average California high school student to attend a public high school? In other words, how much does just one student cost by going to a public high school for just one school year?

Thank you for your time. Your help is greatly appreciated at this time for the safety of son's safety and future.

Sincerely,
Ted

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

What school district does student reside in and what high school does he wish to attend. While he may be allowed to leave the district to attend elsewhere and the state funds follow him, it doesn't mean an impacted public school must accept them if they are impacted or otherwise dispalce another child. There are many schools that have waiting lists, using an inter-district transfer to avoid the waiting list is not fair to qualified students waiting.

atse1

The school district of residence at the moment is the Montebello Unified School District. My son woud like to attend the San Marino Unified School District, although San Marino High School is currently full.

rmet4nzkx

Nice try. You have picked one of the highest ranking schools in So Ca, no wonder they are impacted. You could move to San Marino, next best bet is to move to Contra Costa Co, there are 4 of the highest ranked schools in the state all within a few miles of each other or you could try to get into Lowell, you know all of the top ranked schools are impacted, next best bet is private schooll.

rmet4nzkx

atse1 said:
Is there any possible chance I would able to get in even via an appeal?
NO!!! There are waiting lists. I suggest your child learn to bloom where they are planted, or more to the district where you want them to attend. You are abusing the interdistrict transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">